Thread: RC electric advanced guide?

Default RC electric advanced guide?

does someone have a link or where i can a guide for everything electric? i used to have one years ago but lost it. im getting back to my cars after a long break.

Default Re: RC electric advanced guide?

Here you go, courtesy of Mr. SuicideNeil http://www.robotwars.00server.com/tutorials.html Whatever he is up too these days.
    He spent a lot of time on that, if there is anything else you need be sure to ask.

thanks alot. what happened to everyone?

Forums are a little bit of a thing of the past. Many use Facebook or other sites that provide nearly instant response. Plus many of the members here have moved on, or just gotten too busy to bother checking the site. Here and there people will come on and post but it has slowed down drastically in the past couple years. Pity too, their was once a great many users active here.

i remember my old user name was gifts i was on here alot

Time to go brushless!
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

Now w/ Ti and Bone Screws! Kevin Van's Avatar

I'm considering electrifying two of my Savages.

Dan at Kershaw Designs passed away, and supposedly Quinn took over, but I really don't know the status of the place.

Was considering 2200/6s, probably direct drive. Plan B, I have everything to machine my own mounts and everything, but not sure I wanna put that much time into it, lol.
    Everytime you say In*egy, a kitten dies. Please, save the kittens.
    World's Best Bashing Vids: http://videos.socalcrew.com

Brushless savage would be awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Van View Post
    I'm considering electrifying two of my Savages.

Dan at Kershaw Designs passed away, and supposedly Quinn took over, but I really don't know the status of the place.

Was considering 2200/6s, probably direct drive. Plan B, I have everything to machine my own mounts and everything, but not sure I wanna put that much time into it, lol.
    It truely is a shame, I heard about this as well. I'm sure some will say things about his business ethics, myself however, I never had the opportunity to do business with him, so I believe him to have been a good man - benefit of the doubt. But unarguably he did much for the hobby.

Best part about doing the work yourself, is that you can always re-fabricate something if you break it, or if you fancy change. One of the best parts about 3D printing my 1/20th Losi Micro.

Good to see you still lurking around here Kevin.

Now w/ Ti and Bone Screws! Kevin Van's Avatar

Yeah, been 3d printing for years on a rostock v3. Also have a taig cnc Mill and taig lathe. I donno if I wanna start another project, already have plenty...from the ground up anyway.
    Everytime you say In*egy, a kitten dies. Please, save the kittens.
    World's Best Bashing Vids: http://videos.socalcrew.com

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Shame about Dan @ Kershawdesigns.com. I never had issues with his company after 4 orders I placed and he filled....
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Van View Post
    Yeah, been 3d printing for years on a rostock v3. Also have a taig cnc Mill and taig lathe. I donno if I wanna start another project, already have plenty...from the ground up anyway.
    Yea I picked up an Anet A8 a couple months ago and have been really busy with it. Did a couple safety upgrades and the rest were meant to improve quality. Now it prints fast (150mm/s) and has great surface quality. Uber jealous of your cnc and lathe, those are both things Id love to pick up. I enjoy 3D modelling immensely so they're both right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolauncher View Post
    Shame about Dan @ Kershawdesigns.com. I never had issues with his company after 4 orders I placed and he filled....
    I remember drooling over his e savage parts (first gen. e savage) but at like 10 years old I couldn't afford them.