Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Losi Mini 8ight AVC Video

Default My Losi Mini 8ight AVC Video

So I bought the Mini 8ight and decided I'd like to know what the stock top speed of this thing is on a 2s lipo once you change the gearing to match the recommendations in the manual. Here are my results.

Even running the stock motor with the correct gearing this motor gets hot.. and I mean fry an egg hot. Scorched fingertips hot. I'm on the third motor in this thing and I'm convinced the 4500KV motor installed by default just doesn't have the torque required to drive this buggy without overheating.

Default Re: My Losi Mini 8ight AVC Video

If the motor is scorching hot after 1 run on a lipo then you need to gear down until you find the correct gearing. A temp gun is recommended. The motor should only get warm. Stock gearing in NOT for lipo batteries. You should be using a 10-12 tooth pinion with a 4500 kv motor.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 10-08-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstertrucker14 View Post
    If the motor is scorching hot after 1 run on a lipo then you need to gear down until you find the correct gearing. A temp gun is recommended. The motor should only get warm. Stock gearing in NOT for lipo batteries. You should be using a 10-12 tooth pinion with a 4500 kv motor.

Thanks for your comments.

As I said previously, I am using the gearing recommended in the manual for a 2s lipo. Here is the table from the manual:
    FUZE MINI BRUSHLESS MOTOR, 4500KV

PINION SPUR BATTERY GEARING COMMENTS
    16T 58T Ni-MH OK This the stock gearing. If you use a 2s-3s Li-Po, you will need to gear down, or you will overheat the motor
    14 58T 2s-Li-Po OK This gearing is optimal for a 2s Li-Po
    12 58T 3s Li-Po OK This gearing is optimal for a 3s Li-Po

I've changed out the pinion gears several times now while burning out two motors with the 3s lipo and a 10 tooth pinion with the 58T spur gear. I have since changed to the 2s lipo with the 14 tooth pinion as prescribed. If I run it with the lid off she still gets stupid hot.I thnk the problem is in the differentials and the high speed lower torque motor.I can't go any smaller than a 10 tooth pinion.

The final drive ratio is 9 something : 1 while the mini eight DB is 12 something : 1. I have both. the mini 8db runs a 60t spur with a 14t pinion for a ratio of 4.2:1

I could try a 12t pinion with a 60t spur.. but the point really is.. the manual prescribes the information above and if I'm cooking the motor, even after using the piece of paper as a spacer while tightening the motor up against the spur, then the manual must be wrong because I'm definitely overheating. I don't like manuals that are wrong. I've got spare spur gears.. maybe I'll switch to 12 and 60. that's 5:! but it doesn't help me figure out the final drive ratio.. if it were 12:1 like the mini 8ight DB I'd have four cars that all run great without overheating.

I'm disappointed. I think the taller spur and shorter pinion is really the only way to go.. then again I was burning the motors out with the 3s on the 10t pinion and 58t spur

At this point I don't care at all about speed.. I mean.. I do.. 25 mph would be fine.. just so my kid and I have a few bashers we can play with without worrying about them burning out, and I agree at this point, there's no way to do it unless I either put the 3800 motor in there or gear way the heck down, which affects my top speed. I'll have to call horizon and find out what they recommend since their manual is filled with lies.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/LOS01000-Manual_EN.pdf Here's the manual and it says 62 spur with 12 tooth pinion with 2s
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 10-09-2017 at 07:03 AM.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/LOS01000-Manual_EN.pdf Here's the manual and it says 62 spur with 12 tooth pinion with 2s
    I'm sorry my friend, the manual you pulled up is for the Mini 8ight Truggy. I'm talking about / running this one:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/LOS01004-Manual-EN.pdf
    I'm currently geared for the 2s as listed on page 7 on both of ours (we have the pair in different colors here)

Regardless I can achieve a 12.4:1 final drive ratio by putting a 60t spur and 12t pinion on the 4500. This should help. If it doesn't I'm going to leave the gearing the same, and order a couple 3800's from the DB Edition parts list. We have a pair of the DB's also and my son and I beat them up all day long without taking a break and the motors hardly get warm. 5 packs straight each, only taking time to touch the motor for 10 seconds and laughing about how cool they are and swap the batteries.

I'm just really disappointed.. I'm almost certain I'll be buying those motors. Only issue is they're $50.00 a piece, but if it means she never overheats again, I'm ok with it.

Oh and I figured out that the Dif's are 2.48:1, so 62t / 10t = 6.2:1 x 2.48 is about 15:376:1 FDR. The current (what I set) gear ratios already provide an 11.9:1 FDR. If I drop to a 10t on the stock 58 I'm at 14.88. If I go 60 and 12 I get 12.4:1 FDR.

I really think though, based on playing with all these gear ratios, the 3800 is the best bet.. cause then I can put taller tires on it as well.

I'm not ready to drop the 100 yet for a new pair and the new gears are coming tomorrow.. I'll try the new gearing and if it doesn't help that'll be my next move.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychron View Post
    I'm sorry my friend, the manual you pulled up is for the Mini 8ight Truggy. I'm talking about / running this one:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/LOS01004-Manual-EN.pdf
    I'm currently geared for the 2s as listed on page 7 on both of ours (we have the pair in different colors here)

Regardless I can achieve a 12.4:1 final drive ratio by putting a 60t spur and 12t pinion on the 4500. This should help. If it doesn't I'm going to leave the gearing the same, and order a couple 3800's from the DB Edition parts list. We have a pair of the DB's also and my son and I beat them up all day long without taking a break and the motors hardly get warm. 5 packs straight each, only taking time to touch the motor for 10 seconds and laughing about how cool they are and swap the batteries.

I'm just really disappointed.. I'm almost certain I'll be buying those motors. Only issue is they're $50.00 a piece, but if it means she never overheats again, I'm ok with it.

Oh and I figured out that the Dif's are 2.48:1, so 62t / 10t = 6.2:1 x 2.48 is about 15:376:1 FDR. The current (what I set) gear ratios already provide an 11.9:1 FDR. If I drop to a 10t on the stock 58 I'm at 14.88. If I go 60 and 12 I get 12.4:1 FDR.

I really think though, based on playing with all these gear ratios, the 3800 is the best bet.. cause then I can put taller tires on it as well.

I'm not ready to drop the 100 yet for a new pair and the new gears are coming tomorrow.. I'll try the new gearing and if it doesn't help that'll be my next move.
    You're the one that is sorry friend. Both models are the same except for the body. The problem is you think they are different..They are NOT both use the same gearing. The 62 spur gear will solve the over heating. As I have said from the beginning you are over geared and that is causing the problem. LOsi knows how to screw it's customers. So keep on buying motors $$$$$$$$ which cost more than a spur gear. You can run a faster motor but you have to gear down. Castle products ROCK! FYI taller tires are going to overheat even more DUH!!!! You keep over looking the one important part of you calculation. This is why I hate RTR.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 10-10-2017 at 07:26 AM.

You're the one that is sorry friend. Both models are the same except for the body. The problem is you think they are different..They are NOT both use the same gearing. The 62 spur gear will solve the over heating. As I have said from the beginning you are over geared and that is causing the problem. LOsi knows how to screw it's customers. So keep on buying motors $$$$$$$$ which cost more than a spur gear. You can run a faster motor but you have to gear down. Castle products ROCK! FYI taller tires are going to overheat even more DUH!!!! You keep over looking the one important part of you calculation. This is why I hate RTR.

Ok, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers friend. I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way. I was just pointing out the gearing recommendations looked different. I did mention that the new gears are on the way didn't I? I did some more reasearch, and the manual you linked to was very helpful in creating the below table. I do want to point out, you made a slight error in pointing out the gearing being the same. it is not. The mini 8ight comes stock with a 58 tooth and the truggy, a 62, but that's neither here nor there. I compiled all that information into a table and if you see the mini 8ight proposed, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Consideration Mini 8ight DB Mini 8ight Current 2s config
    (scorching hot)
    Mini 8ight Proposed Mini 8ight Truggy
    (per manual for 2s)
    Motor KV 3800 4500 4500 4500
    Spur (t) 60 58 (stock) 62 62
    Pinion (t) 14 14 (per manual) 12 12
    Motor Drive ratio 4.29:1 4.14:1 5.17:1 5.17:1
    Internal Drive Ratio 2.6 2.47 2.47 2.6
    Final Drive Ratio 11.14 10.23 12.76 13.43
    Full 2s pack 8.4v 8.4v 8.4v 8.4v
    Full Throttle motor RPM 31920 37800 37800 37800
    Axle RPM 2865 3694 2962 2814

It looks like if I change the gearing out to match the Mini 8ight Truggy, I will be in the ballpark for final drive ratio. This requires, per the table a change to a 12t pinion and 62t spur.

I realize this will slow things down a bit and I'll only get 25 mph out of it but that's fine. Slower means longer run times, less stuff breaks when you hit something, and I really want these to last a long time. That said, it looks to me like I'll have to go with the same gearing as the Truggy if I want to keep the final drive rpm the same as the db, which is what they did with the Truggy.

According to all the marketing the Mini 8ight DB, same chassis as the Truggy, but slower, higher torque motor, is supposed to run fine with front wheels and tires from 4wd buggies, bowever I've been buying stuff on amazon that's almost an identical size replacement for the tires on these babies already. It is difficult to shop for wheels and tires on amazon, but occasionally you do find the seller with the right diameter wheel/tire combo. I've got several spare sets that are all the right size and some that are taller that were supposed to work on the DB, but I'll try a taller set out on the DB with the 3800 and if it starts to get hot, well... I guess that's that. Take em off and stick with stock size stuff. Contratry to popular belief, I don't want to drop $50 on a new motor every time I take it out. I do realize the taller tires will make things warmer, more torque required to turn them = hotter motor. The question is, how much warmer? I'm fuzzy on that math. I'd appreciate your insight. I'd like to know the additional force placed on the motor if I put tires on that are an inch in diameter taller but I'm not sure I want to push it beyond a gearing that slows it down to allow the DB to keep up.

You have been very helpful even if I didn't show gratitude earlier, I want you to know I am thankful.
    Last edited by Psychron; 10-10-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Also, I bought RTR because I didn't want to build 4 RC cars this year. I only wanted to put batteries in and have fun with hobby grade components and upgrade if I felt like it.. I'm just trying to get my son involved and I didn't see the point in buying a $50.00 walmart cheapo that's going to become completely useless the first time he crashes into me. I built an RC10 B3 back about 20 years ago. It was fun but building anything is kind of out of my 10 year old's league. so RTR , 4 cars, 4 pepole camping, a pile of batteries was supposed to = tons of fun. These two Mini 8ights have been a pita and I just want to tame them down and keep the motor cool so we can run all four without interruption.

None of that changes the fact that I made wild modifications to the car to accomodate a 3s and was disappointed burning motors out even with stock wheels. I do hope the 62:12 does the trick. Parts should be here by the end of the week.. In the mean time I have a new plane I need to build.

You can post all the charts you want. You still haven't figured it out. There are more variables to the problem. Over heating is a problem. I else I suggest you look further into the problem( tear the buggy down and see if the are any binding or broken parts causing problem). Tire size will also greatly affect the over heating as well. When using brushless you should start with the smallest pinion and work up. The size of the motor will limit how fast you can go with the correct gearing. If you want to go fast with a faster motor you need to gear it down so the motor doesn't over heat. Many 1/14 scale RTR are using 5300 kv motors with no problems. Changing gearing is the cheapest solution to the problem of over heating.

I run brushless in a rc 10t and use a 4600 kv motor 87/15 combo . It doesn't over heat at all. The only problem I have is burning up the stock gears. I replace it with metal gears and now they last longer.

For pats: Horizon Hobbies (losi products exclusive ) Dollar hobbyz, Ebay.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 10-10-2017 at 10:05 AM.

We are all following the recommended gearing for a 2s lipo and we are all using the stock wheels and tires.
    I've checked for binding everywhere along the drivetrain and there simply is none.

Aside form acknowledging in at least one reply to you that I'm going to try to re-gear, you seem to think I'm missing something. What is it? Could you be a little more clear about it? I've already ordered the spur and pinion gears for replacement. What am I missing? Because, when/if this doesn't work I'll be putting the 3800's in and gearing them up to match the Desert Buggy.

I'm trying to remember where in this thread I asked for your help.
    Last edited by Psychron; 10-15-2017 at 09:15 AM.

OVER GEARING CAUSES OVER HEATING BURNING OUT MOTORS.. PUTTING IN A SLOWER MOTOR IS GOING TO BE A WASTE OF MONEY AS you INSIST IN THE STOCK GEARING WHICH ISN'T WORKING. I HAVE TOLD YOU OVER AND OVER ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS FIND THE RIGHT SPUR/ PINON COMBO AND THE OVER HEATING WILL GO AWAY. START WITH THE 62 SPUR AND SMALLEST PINON AND WORK UP ON THE PINION GEAR UNTILL THE MOTOR GETS SLIGHTLY WARM AFTER A FULL RUN ON THE BATTERY. PINION GEARS ARE CHEAPER THAN ANOTHER MOTOR. YOU WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH A DIFFERENT MOTOR IF YOU INSIST ON THE YOUR GEAR CHART WHICH ISN'T WORKING.

YOU CAN'T RUN THE SAME GEARING IN A 3800 MOTOR WITH A FASTER 4500 MOTOR. YOU HAVE TO USE A SMALLER PINION.

YOU CLEARLY DIDN'T READ THE MANUAL AS IS STATED NOT TO USE THE STOCK GEARING IF USING LIPO! THE STOCK GEARING IS FOR NIMH BATTERIES ONLY!!! YOU NEED TO USE A SMALLER PINION GEAR FOR LIPO!
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 10-10-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Bronze Level BYT Member lilpanther's Avatar

/delete. Not worth the argument.
    Last edited by lilpanther; 10-10-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] yea i knwo how to google y do i need it for
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] i dont have no question for u
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] to goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] its google, not goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] you wear goggles, google is a number
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] sheesh
    7:31 PM [SHORTBUS25] same diff its looks the same
    7:53 PM [SHORTBUS25] i think the pinion is a 78t

Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    DUDE
    That was so 80...
    My Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by lilpanther View Post
    /delete. Not worth the argument.
    Yeah, I don't know who's misunderstanding who here, but there's no need for yelling. how do I delete a post in my thread?

I think maybe he's confusing the two cars I'm talking about because he's not reading the charts. The Mini 8ight DB is only a little warm with stock gearing on a 2s. We run 6 packs straight with no breaks and it's a 20 second touch before I decide to remove my finger from the 3800KV motor.

If I gear my Mini 8ight to have the same final axle rpm as the DB using the same 3800KV motor, then I should end up with a vehicle with similar performance stats and the same delicious slightly warm motor casing because it's a higher torque motor.

I'm going to try first with the 4500KV and the 62 x 12 combo based on the homemade chart. I have a feeling though that at that ratio I'm going to go through tires a lot faster due to increased acceleration. I might end up going with the 3800 and the same axle top speed as the DB anyway just to save on rubber. At least all four of my cars will be close to evenly matched.
    Last edited by Psychron; 10-10-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Take a deep breath everyone.

Charts or not, if it is running that hot, the first place to start is you need to ease up on the gearing. Charts are a good reference point, but there are other variables like drivetrain drag, tire size, overall drivetrain and electrical system efficiency, where you are running it, airflow for cooling, etc.

Thanks for those trying to help. If you feel like the OP is not listening, walk away. Post factual and helpful info and then its up to the OP to follow or not.

A properly setup truck will run hard and long and the motor will be warm or maybe hottish at worst. Not flesh cooking, egg grilling hot. I have some big heavy trucks that run 5S with big Mamba motors and after beating them for a full 5000mah of fun, the motors are warm at best.

Gears are cheap. Grab some pinions and spurs and experiment what works best for your ride!

I'm sorry. I just can't continue this conversation. I was hoping for better than this. People at work understand me very well.. sigh. To be clear, I am not a racer, nor do I want to race this car.

I don't want to experiment with gears if the math I did in the chart below tells me everything I need to know. I don't know why everyone is afraid of charts. The drive ratios and calculations don't lie.

The one thing I know for sure is the mini 8ight DB runs fast enough for me and stays cool to the touch. I want my Mini 8ight to match that.

The math is as follows for all three of these cars. Spur / pinion = motor drive ratio. Motor Drive ratio x Internal drive ratio (Differential) = Final drive ratio. Full throttle RPM / Final drive ratio = Axle RPM at full throttle. As you can see I have two options to get close to the axle rpm of the mini 8 DB. Since they both use the same size tires, there's nothing else to consider beyond getting that axle to spin at as close to the same speed as the DB.

Consideration Mini 8ight DB Mini 8ight Current 2s config Mini 8ight Proposed Mini 8ight 3800 Mini 8ight Truggy
    (scorching hot) (per manual for 2s)
    Motor KV 3800 4500 4500 3800 4500
    Spur (t) 60 58 62 62 62
    Pinion (t) 14 14 12 14 12
    Motor Drive ratio 4.29 4.14 5.17 4.43 5.17
    Internal Drive Ratio 2.6 2.47 2.47 2.47 2.6
    Final Drive Ratio 11.14 10.23 12.76 10.94 13.43
    Full 2s pack voltage 8.4 8.4 8.4 8.4 8.4
    Full Throttle motor RPM 31920 37800 37800 31920 37800
    Axle RPM 2864.62 3693.98 2962.00 2918.11 2813.90

And since no one can assure me the 4500KV won't still just overheat, and the fact that my math proves a reduction in axle rpm of about 50, I'll pretend I can afford it and install the two 3800's I bought in both my son's car and mine and set the pinion and spur to 14 and 62, per the chart calculations, Throw some locktite on the set screw, close it all up and go driving with almost the same level of acceleration, cool operation, and top speed as the reference car. I'll only be mildly faster in the mini 8ight since the axle speed is only different by about 54 RPM at full speed. Essentially it'll be the same car, which is what I wanted.

So thanks for the suggestions and helping me validate the math. I'll be doing both a motor and gear swap, and since it's smaller and lighter than the DB the mini 8ight should handle the additional RPM in short order.

Someone out the agrees with me 100% You just haven't got it. All those charts are useless unless you can prove the actual numbers They are only on paper. I know for a fact you won't achieve those numbers,. Use a dyno system. As I have said from the beginning over heating is cause mainly from over gearing. You proved it. You want the heat to go away then use smaller pinions with the motor using. Or in your case just buy a slower motor and use the stock gearing Which will still be over geared.

Just one more thing ; 2S lipo isn't 8.4 volts it is actually 7.4 nominal actual voltage. I really get tired of people trying to prove 2S is more than what is printed on the label. Peak charge voltage isn't the actual voltage.

And one final note; running off road tires on pavement wear out faster than if you put a faster motor in. You want tires to last then run on dirt or grass.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 10-11-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Someone out the agrees with me 100% You just haven't got it. All those charts are useless unless you can prove the actual numbers They are only on paper. I know for a fact you won't achieve those numbers,. Use a dyno system. As I have said from the beginning over heating is cause mainly from over gearing. You proved it. You want the heat to go away then use smaller pinions with the motor using. Or in your case just buy a slower motor and use the stock gearing Which will still be over geared.

Just one more thing ; 2S lipo isn't 8.4 volts it is actually 7.4 nominal actual voltage. I really get tired of people trying to prove @S is more than what is printed on the label. Peak charge voltage isn't the actual voltage.

And one final note; running off road tires on pavement wear out faster than if you put a faster motor in. You want tires to last then run on dirt or grass.
    Man you really like to poke the bear. All those calculations are based in math, math is science, science is fact, facts are indisputable, end of story. And you're not listening at all. If I use the 3800KV motor I AM NOT going to use the stock Mini 8ight gearing. Do you feel me yet? Of course not. You haven't LOOKED AT THE CHART! You just make wild assumptions and antagonize and don't recognize that I'll be throwing the 3800 in with the 62 tooth spur and the 14 tooth pinion. That leaves me with two cars that have low motor torque load and a similar axle speed.
    Battery voltage at 8.4 volts full charge is used as a standard for calculation purposes against the motor KV only to determine the similarities of the final axle speed which is what's important since they'll all be running the same diameter wheel/tire combo.

The chart is immensely useful given that the chart shows the stock gearing for the mini 8ight DB as configured, and since we know that car doesn't overheat it becomes the litmus test against which all other configurations are based. The math in the chart prevents me from buying 10 different pinions at 10 bucks a piece, and lets me buy one instead. Or, I can spend the 100 bucks on two 3800's and put the gears in based on the math that proves the gearing and motor combination will result in the same axle speed, which equates to the same torque load being placed on the motor.

No one is debating that wind resistance, tire friction, toe in and out, etc will degrade those non load calculations. I understand I will achieve those numbers only in non load conditions. the fact that the final axle speed is close with the 3800KV motor is all I care about. At that point I'll have the same motor, same battery, gearing that puts me on par with the final axle rpm of the Mini 8 DB = same performance and lack of heat issue since the torque load will be near identical based on my chart. using the 3800 KV motor, and the mini 8ight is lighter so it will potentially run cooler than the DB.

If the numbers on paper work just fine for the MDB and real world results prove it runs cool, then the numbers on paper will work just fine for the M8. Look at the axle speed and tell me that they're not so close that the difference in torque load (which causes the heat to bulid up in the motor, which i why we gear down to reduce heat) will be negligible and I'll end up around 25mph. The taller spur makes up for the difference in differential.

I'm sorry, but if you can't keep up with science, it's best to stay out of the conversation, cause proper gear ratios on a vehicle that's lighter than the car with the same axle speed that doesn't overheat don't lie.
    Last edited by Psychron; 10-11-2017 at 08:46 AM.

ALL HOG WASH PROVE THE NUMBERS YOU GOT ARE FACTUAL l!!!!!!!! THERY ARE ONLY THEORETICAL AND NOT ACTUAL WHCIH IS COMPLETLY DIFFERENT. YOU ARE JUST WASTING MY TIME AND EVERYONE ELSES! ANY EXPERIENCE PERSON WOULD NOT KEEP ON WITH AS YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BACK PEDALS ON THE TOPIC.STICK TO YOUR CHARTS AND GEARING AND BURN UP MORE MOTORS. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN OVER HEATING IS FROM OVER GEARING. ALL YOU NEEDED TO DO WAS START WITH THE SMALLEST PINION AND WORK UP WITH THE STOCK SPUR GEAR. YOU CHOSE TO START WITH STOCK GEARING EVEN THOUGH THE MANUAL CLEARLY SAID NOT TO WITH LIPO.IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!!!!!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/mini-45...-motor-dyn4830 I'M NOT THE ONE WHO BURNT UP 3 MOTORS.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 10-11-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Now you're just being argumentative because you can't let it go. Keep beating that same dead horse.

I learned my lesson after burning up the motors. That's when I went to the horizon to find out the actual ratios and put the chart together using their factual configuration information. And as of now I've learned my lesson with you. You are clearly a troll, attempting to elicit an emotional response from me, by rebuking everything I've provided in this conversation and hurling inflammatory ridiculing remarks at me, and I simply won't have it. Good day to you.
    Last edited by Psychron; 10-15-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: last word to the DB

Quote Originally Posted by Psychron View Post
    I learned my lesson after burning up the motors. That's when I went to the horizon to find out the actual ratios and put the chart together using their factual configuration information. And as of now I've learned my lesson with you. You are clearly a troll, attempting to elicit an emotional response from me, by rebuking everything I've provided in this conversation and hurling inflammatory ridiculing remarks at me, and I simply won't have it. Good day to you.
    You Sir are the troll that just didn't listen and insist on making charts with out the parts to confirm the results. The simplest thing you should have done was research on brushless motors and found out that stock gearing is NOT what you were to use with brushless motors and to READ the manual properly. The manual is only a guide Non of which you did resulting in burning up 3 motors and starting a gearing war. You turned a simple solution $5 into a $$$. and just keep crying about it So posts all the charts you want but paper results are not the same as actual ones. I identified the problem and others have supported my suggestion. Over heating is caused from over gearing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast