Thread: My Losi Mini 8ight AVC

Default My Losi Mini 8ight AVC

So I bought the Mini 8ight and decided I'd like to know what the stock top speed of this thing is on a 2s lipo once you change the gearing to match the recommendations in the manual. Here are my results.

Even running the stock motor with the correct gearing this motor gets hot.. and I mean fry an egg hot. Scorched fingertips hot. I'm on the third motor in this thing and I'm convinced the 4500KV motor installed by default just doesn't have the torque required to drive this buggy without overheating.

Default Re: My Losi Mini 8ight AVC

If the motor is scorching hot you are over geared. The manual state NO to uses tock gearing with lipi 2s Only use 10-0r 12 tooth pinion gear to start.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

I never asked for your help.

This vehicle scorches fingers with the recommended 14 tooth pinion paired with the pre-installed 58 tooth spur gear. I'm going to put the 3800kv (slower motor) with a 14 tooth and a 62 tooth spur. That puts me at the same final axle speed as the Mini eight DB with the same power plant. That will leave me with a mini 8ight that performs just like the Mini eight DB which is my goal. Monstertrucker14 just likes to stir the pot. You can ignore him as he offers no factual information whatsoever except to spend stupid amounts of money throwing gears at it in a wild *** attempt to try to get it where I want it, as if I have the time for all of that. if I'm running the same motor, appropriate gearing (14 / 62), and same battery as the Mini 8ight DB on the same size tires on both models, they will perform similarly.

Use math my friends. Math is your friend too.
    Last edited by Psychron; 10-15-2017 at 10:13 AM.

READ the manual stock gearing is not for lipo. A smaller pion is cheaper than a new motor any day. make sure to tell everyone you smoked 3 motors with the wrong gearing.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

Now w/ Ti and Bone Screws! Kevin Van's Avatar

You guys should take this to twitter, maybe have Donald weigh in on it.
    Everytime you say In*egy, a kitten dies. Please, save the kittens.
    World's Best Bashing Vids: http://videos.socalcrew.com

Yeah I've got him blocked. He's an ignorant type that doesn't read a **** thing and then says fake stuff just to get a rise out of people. I've heard it from more than one board member, yet still here he is, doing it anyway. With all the complaints I've heard about I 'm really surprised he gets away with it.

So I've already made the changes to one mini 8ight. The new motor and spur gear as outlined in my charts worked flawlessly, not only does she run cool now but she also performs identically to the mini 8ight DB. I'm very happy with all four of my mini's now. I have one more to make the changes to, so I'll use it to do a before and after video to show the differences.

Now w/ Ti and Bone Screws! Kevin Van's Avatar

If.you thought I was siding with you, you're mistaken.
    Everytime you say In*egy, a kitten dies. Please, save the kittens.
    World's Best Bashing Vids: http://videos.socalcrew.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Van View Post
    If.you thought I was siding with you, you're mistaken.
    Now why would I think that? You don't even know me. We're not friends. That'd be silly.
    I'm just glad my life doesn't revolve around what you think of me. And I think your good buddy Monstertrucker14 and possibly the mod that came in, are mistaking me for someone who asked for help. I didn't.

Good day to you sir.
    Last edited by Psychron; 10-15-2017 at 10:12 AM.