Thread: Slash is acting crazy

Default Slash is acting crazy

Hey guy's, Not sure where to post this but here we go. Picked up a used 2wd slash off cl. It's a 1/10 scale with a dynamit tazer 4000 brushless with matching esc. Took it up camping and everything was great, Bashed the **** out of it lots of fun. I'm using a venom 5000 20c lipo battery charging it with a traxxas id charger. All came with the car. Now I'm starting to see where I cant let it get more than maybe 20 yard away and I lose control of it and it just rolls to a stop. What shoud I be looking for to fix this. Thanks

Default Re: Slash is acting crazy

Update..... This morning I charged the battery and took it out. Same thing , gets 20 yard or so away from me and stops responding. Usually I can walk up to it, see the front wheels straighten out and it will take right off. This time nothing. Took it in the garage held the back end up ,nothing. Shut it off turned it back on and it ran. So i held it wide open for about 10 seconds let off , held it wide open again and then it just dies. Shut it off turn it back on , same thing. And it is the traxxas 24ghz receiver and controller. ???????

replace receiver or controller is bad.
    TRUE BUILDER OF THE WORLDS LIGHTEST 1/5 MONSTER TRUCK @ 55LBS.
    THE ONE WHO CAN"T PROOVE I"M A FAKE IS THE REAL FAKE 100%

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

+2, I just had a Traxxas 2.4 ghz transmitter and receiver go bad on me too. Range is ok for a track, but not bashing. Maybe 200 foot range. The receiver is usually to blame, but I swapped that out with a new one and the transmitter's throttle channel still glitched, so in my case it was both, you might want to try a different receiver first before giving up on the transmitter.
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

Thanks Guys. That's what it was receiver was bad.