Thread: Tmaxx steering servo prob

Default Tmaxx steering servo prob

Soon after finishing this two year build I found myself having steering servo problems. I'm using a Hitec Super Torque HS 625-MG running Proline Trencher X 3.8 tires on 17mm hubs. After several runs the servo locked up and I'm not sure if it's due to the bigger tires or if the servo is just worn out as it is years old. I need something bulletproof. This beast is definitely NOT a shelf queen, I run it very hard and I need something that can handle my brutal driving. With all the money I already have in this, I'm willing to spend what it takes for something that will hold up. Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.[IMG][/IMG]

Bronze Level BYT Member lilpanther's Avatar

Default Re: Tmaxx steering servo prob

Welcome to BYT. I've had good luck with Solar Servo's.
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] yea i knwo how to google y do i need it for
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] i dont have no question for u
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] to goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] its google, not goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] you wear goggles, google is a number
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] sheesh
    7:31 PM [SHORTBUS25] same diff its looks the same
    7:53 PM [SHORTBUS25] i think the pinion is a 78t

Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    DUDE
    That was so 80...
    My Fleet

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me the best torque rating that I need to turn these big tires? Suppose I should be using a servo saver also, huh?

Bronze Level BYT Member lilpanther's Avatar

7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] yea i knwo how to google y do i need it for
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] i dont have no question for u
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] to goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] its google, not goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] you wear goggles, google is a number
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] sheesh
    7:31 PM [SHORTBUS25] same diff its looks the same
    7:53 PM [SHORTBUS25] i think the pinion is a 78t

Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    DUDE
    That was so 80...
    My Fleet

The hitec 625 is tooo small in power. You need 200 oz or more. If using a servo saver buying a 300 oz + size servo isn't going to see monster power. The strongest servo savers are rated for 200 oz max. So using a 300+ oz servo is pointless unless you run direct.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 07-20-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

Sorry all, internet been down a while but thank you for all your input. I've always been partial to the Hitec servos. They are quite a bit more expensive and no offense meant, but I believe you get what you pay for. I don't like replacing parts because I cheaped out to save a few bucks. I try not to think about all the money I have in this project, it makes my head hurt So Monstertrucker14, if I use a 300+ servo, your saying a servo saver would be useless? I just want to protect this expensive servo. I'm also looking to replace the t/b servo. I know I need speed for that but how relavent is the torque? Throw me out some numbers on speed and torque keeping in mind I want the best. Thx...
    Last edited by Maxxmad; 07-21-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Hitec servos aren't the best. I used to use the 645 but I have now switched to rc gear shop standard metal gear for my monster trucks. I kept having servos burn out. All you need is 200 oz and a kimbrough gas servo saver. Any size torques servos larger than 200 oz are useless as all the servo saver will only protect is 200 oz. Servos have gotten bigger but servo savers haven't gotten stronger. I use a 150 oz direct on my nitro crusher and it strong enough.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!