Thread: Hobbytown Scale Adventure in Richmond, Virginia (VIDEO)

Default Hobbytown Scale Adventure in Richmond, Virginia (VIDEO)

Hey Guys! It's been a good while since I've posted on the forum so I thought I'd share my latest video! The HobbyTown USA stores in Virginia, specifically Richmond are locations, organized their first ever scale adventure at Belle Isle Park in Richmond. The course was run through a rocky river bed / runoff area of the James River. It made for a very interesting course throughout. Everyone had a blast. Hope you enjoy the video and make sure to let us know what you think!

-popasqat with UnReel RC

Bronze Level BYT Member lilpanther's Avatar

Default Re: Hobbytown Scale Adventure in Richmond, Virginia (VIDEO)

Glad to see you're still around. That looks like a blast, If I had somewhere around here like that to run I'd still have my scalers.
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] yea i knwo how to google y do i need it for
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] i dont have no question for u
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] to goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] its google, not goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] you wear goggles, google is a number
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] sheesh
    7:31 PM [SHORTBUS25] same diff its looks the same
    7:53 PM [SHORTBUS25] i think the pinion is a 78t

Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    DUDE
    That was so 80...
    My Fleet

Default Re: Hobbytown Scale Adventure in Richmond, Virginia (VIDEO)

Quote Originally Posted by lilpanther View Post
    Glad to see you're still around. That looks like a blast, If I had somewhere around here like that to run I'd still have my scalers.
    I'm still as active as ever in rc. Summer is all the more reason for that to stay true. Just not so much in the forums. Such a shame to see what this has boiled down to. It's like an uncontrolled downward spiral. I used to be on the forums all the time because I loved scrolling through the threads to see what everyone is up to, their latest builds, and rc news. Now that it has dwindled down so much, not only here on BYT, but on other forums as well, I just don't find myself wanting to come back and check on things.

But on a lighter note, this was an awesome event to attend! I didn't compete because the only thing I own that could've run the course would've been my bone stock AX10. But I will say, at least from what I saw of the people there, this branch of the rc truck community is so much more friendly than anything I've seen before. From people stopping to try to help push a truck over, to winching a competitor over an obstacle, the entire environment was nothing but positivity. For the first time ever, I actually had people ask me if I would take photos or video of their trucks and if I would post them. Long story short it was just so incredible. Really makes me consider getting into the scaling game even more. Perhaps that'll be next in the ever-growing rc fleet.

Alright, Rambling Over.