Thread: 2017 king motors t1000 1/5 scale truck

Default 2017 king motors t1000 1/5 scale truck

Hey guys, im new to these forums, and just picked up a new 2017 km t1000 1/5 scale truck. i have done alot of research on these over the last few weeks and ive heard some bad and some good.. back in the day i owned a km baja 5b and it was a pile of crap, but ive heard that they have gotten alot better and cleared theyre bad name. ive owned several 1/5 scale rcs over the years. ive owned a few hpi baja, losi dbxl, and fg models, but ive never owned a truck model. always had the baja buggy other then the losi. can anyone share any pf theyre experiences that theyve had with some of the newer km t1000 models? i see they have been out for a while, but i know they have gotten better, just wasnt sure what the changes were.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks, junky!!

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Default Re: 2017 king motors t1000 1/5 scale truck

I have driven it, but not owned one. Off the top, I recall better nylon in the front end similar to RPM racing plastics, really tough stuff, better chassis braces. The engines now feature genuine walbro carburetors. The tire foams are much better and the beadlocks don't let go. It has enjoyed subtle updates over the years that all add up. I'm still not sure if it has the stupid circlip front spindles, but that is one I'd check and switch over to the bolt type as they never let go. Post some pics and video when you get the chance, 5th. scales are da' business!
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

Rovan is the same as KM but has better prices.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolauncher View Post
    I have driven it, but not owned one. Off the top, I recall better nylon in the front end similar to RPM racing plastics, really tough stuff, better chassis braces. The engines now feature genuine walbro carburetors. The tire foams are much better and the beadlocks don't let go. It has enjoyed subtle updates over the years that all add up. I'm still not sure if it has the stupid circlip front spindles, but that is one I'd check and switch over to the bolt type as they never let go. Post some pics and video when you get the chance, 5th. scales are da' business!
    You seem to know a bit about them for not owning one. I'm going to be upgrading a few things on it such as electronics pipe and whatever needs it. Can you suggest a few items that need addressed?

A better receiver battery pack +4000mah. I would get some spares such as tie rod and shock ends. My buddy snapped his front shock brace during a nasty crash, so the Turtle racing HD one is a good option. The stock pipe is not awful, just really loud. I thought it was really good stock, just need to have some spare parts on hand, as usual with any 1/5 scale. He does not know how to drive yet and jumping these is always an adventure, so I'd blame his early breakage on the learning curve. He crashed my 5ive T and X2 also, and they jump beautifully all by themselves. A killswitch is your #1 priority with any 5th. scale. Killer bee is the way to go. I have the Rovan kill switch and it is meh'. Vague setup instructions and prone to premature shutdown. I fixed it with a different transmitter brand Futaba. They don't like every radio out there, I tried Flysky and Radiolink with it and it didn't like either...
    Last edited by Revolauncher; 04-09-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolauncher View Post
    A better receiver battery pack +4000mah. I would get some spares such as tie rod and shock ends. My buddy snapped his front shock brace during a nasty crash, so the Turtle racing HD one is a good option. The stock pipe is not awful, just really loud. I thought it was really good stock, just need to have some spare parts on hand, as usual with any 1/5 scale. He does not know how to drive yet and jumping these is always an adventure, so I'd blame his early breakage on the learning curve. He crashed my 5ive T and X2 also, and they jump beautifully all by themselves. A killswitch is your #1 priority with any 5th. scale. Killer bee is the way to go. I have the Rovan kill switch and it is meh'. Vague setup instructions and prone to premature shutdown. I fixed it with a different transmitter brand Futaba. They don't like every radio out there, I tried Flysky and Radiolink with it and it didn't like either...
    ok thanks. My first thing needed to be a pipe so I ordered the ddm dominator v1 because it was cheap. Some people say they don't notice a difference in power so I went with that one. I had it in my last Baja. My next thing is going to be better electronics and better battery. I def will be upgrading to aluminum hub carriers and stuff as I go. This is one beastly looking truck. I have yet to drive it. is an upgraded intake manifold a good upgrade? and if i had to upgrade to a better air filter, what would be a good one? should i get a veolcity stack?
    Last edited by rcjunky2002; 04-10-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Get a killswitch. 30lb. runaways are not cool!

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

Might want to upgrade throttle servo to one that can handle the power from battery!

Mine keeps burning out the throttle servo's ,went through 3 of them ,especially if you forget to turn the switch off after running!
    The steering servo seems to be not effected ,probably do to its size!...
    Just bash it!..