Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Hmebuild part 3

Default Re: Hmebuild part 3

Parts are arriving to start making my own remoter start manual box to control the starter and kill switch. I finalize the size and shape of the box to put everything in. I pretested the switch manually to make sure it works. Now I can make the tray to mount the servo's the switches. After that I can make the box to put everything inside and install the LEDs to signal when switches are on/off. Gand total $15.for all parts and material.
    TRUE BUILDER OF THE WORLDS LIGHTEST 1/5 MONSTER TRUCK @ 55LBS.
    THE ONE WHO CAN"T PROOVE I"M A FAKE IS THE REAL FAKE 100%

Took advantage of the warm weather and finished my belt drive conversion for my Duratrax rc10t conversion truck. Now I can install it and drive it hard again. More parts arrived today for my manual remote start. all that is on order are blue leds.. My back order came in stock @ Tower Hobbies, so I spend big and bought the New Usa-1 nitro.I put it on EZ pay and with the discounts I save $100.

New kyosho truck arrived today! Super fast free shipping and huge discount!

Worked today on the servo operated start switch for my remote start today. Got the servo tray done and mounted the side switch's, cut the wire to length and soldered new leads on the start motor so they didn't hit the Rovan style canister muffler. I tested it out and it works well. All I have to do is make a box and I'm done.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 02-15-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Almost done with the box to house the servos and switch's. I just have to make one more part get some taping screws and install the LEDs and done tomorrow.

Manual start switch box box all finished. works as expected. Now back to the tribute Usa-1 body build.

I installed the remote start and new exhaust today. Plugged in battery and primed motor 3 times and choked motor and it popped off. Flipped choke off and it started rite up. Awsome!!!!!

Just for giggles today I tried the ESC switch on a Traxxas radio, and it actually worked to my amazement? I couldn't believe my eyes after a month of not working in actually worked. I then tried it on my Hitec radios, and it again worked on both radios with no problem. I am stumped as to why it started working???? No clue but now the switch works.

Went to try the Esc switch to the start motor and it fried and smoked. Now the Esc Is total junk. I knew the switch couldn't handle the amp draw. Back to my original unit that works. I would recommend anyone who buys this product throw away the start ESC switch as it will fail.

I finally got a response to a replacement esc start switch.  I have to pay $26 for a new switch that is exactly the same. How stupid does the seller think I am. That's not going to happen. I responded with I want a new one for fee after all the headache I had for a month of trying to get the switch to work. The switch is total junk. I'm much better off with the manual start switch I made. It works fine and can't fry like the OEM one did and it only cost me $15 to make.

Orderd material today for the body.

Picked up material yesterday. It was cheaper for the styrene sheet and the ABs sheet was the same price shipped or picked up. So I'm ready to start the build again!

I have all material needed to start working on tribute body. I started making the metal frame round pieces and then I will move on to the side and cross flat supports. I got sidetracked with my bike collection and I cut the forks steer tubes for 2 bikes and worked on the rear shocks Riding and adjusting the suspension. After the holiday I will focus more on the build.

Getting back to the build again. The weather is warming up. So i started making shock bushing for my mountain bikes.

Today I reworked the suspension on the offroad truck. travel is now 1" front and back. Steering is much better now that I tweaked it some.

Back to the build. I finally started the new upper frame. I finished the side panels Now working on top and middle sections.

Top and middle sections are now done working on the smaller parts. The weather has changed??? see what happens. I was hoping to finish this week.

I had to order a tool to finish this project. It will be done this weekend. I polished all the parts that I finished. yesterday. Assembly next week.

Finishing up today. Tool arrived yesterday. took 5 minutes to counterbore 2 holes and I finished the part. I fabricated all the parts together and only have one part to finish. Just needed to see option to do. Will get on to plastic cover and start cutting the body.

test

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678