Thread: Home build part 4

Default Home build part 4

last tread stopped working and can't update progress so start a new one. Finalizing body before cutting material and pick up another gas boat,
    TRUE BUILDER OF THE WORLDS LIGHTEST 1/5 MONSTER TRUCK @ 55LBS.
    THE ONE WHO CAN"T PROOVE I"M A FAKE IS THE REAL FAKE 100%

Default Re: Home build part 4

test

Boat need alot ow work. It wasn't run for a long time. I rebuilt the motor. added new bearings stuffed the crank clamed and rebuild the carb, fix the throttle return spring added new cable stops. cleaned out the old flotation and silicane adhesive. fixed the radio box and repaired the shalt log and fiber glassed it back in place. The hardest part was fixing the front mount. the motor was the new style zip start engine and the bolt that clamp the front housing onto the shaft log were on the side and no reachable with standard tools. I decided to use 0-24 bolts and shaft spacers to clamp the housing together and make it easier to remove the motor. Now I can use a 5/15 wrench to loosen the bolts and remove the motor easier. just waiting for an exhaust gasket to arrive and run the motor. Meantime I can prepare to start cutting material for the Tribute body.

Made some improved throttle linkage pivots.

Should be starting the new boat today!

Though just putting on a new exhaust gasket and would start the motor after I went through it and checked it out. Boy was I wrong? I couldn't get it to start unless I held it full throttle. And then it wouldn't stay running. I tore it down and to my Suprise. I didn't see a flywheel key, I looked at the flywheel and it was missing sheered r off. No replacement. It was cast into the flywheel. Oh well. I found another crank and flywheel with a new key and installed it again. This time nothing. I decided to check each part with a motor that did run. Still checking parts. I never had this much trouble fixing a motor. Only parts let to check are the coil, exhaust and block. and kill switch.

Update: It was the coil must be timed different than crank/flywheel I have. Now engine runs good.

Motor back in boat just added new bullet connectors. Just in time now the holiday. Starts and runs well 2 pulls.

Back to the tribute build. still finalizing body size. Added 1: in body length front to allow for more alignment of the wheelbase and clearance.

Winter is here so build will stop until spring. I doubt BYT will still be here to see the finish of this build.