Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmebuild part 3

Default Homebuild part 3

New year 2017 time to get back to making more parts for my famous 1/5 monster truck. I currently re-designed the steering set up to use only 1/4 scale servos with a steering rack system. Ready for building. Now I'm working on a new chassis design that will be lighter and full cage using only aluminum material. A full cromolly tube frame is also in the works. I will be using the new 1/4 burnout diffs from rc4wd. I finally designed and built longer and bigger shocks for my monster truck. I now have 4" travel. I re-designed the steering bell crank steering to include a simple lock out for the rear and improve the steering power output and limit the rear steering if needed. I also re-designed the lower and upper shock mounts to use dual shock at each corner and improved the upper and lower links.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 01-08-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

Default Re: Homebuild part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Monstertrucker14 View Post
    New year 2017 time to get back to making more parts for my famous 1/5 monster truck. I currently re-designed the steering set up to use only 1/4 scale servos with a steering rack system. Ready for building. Now I'm working on a new chassis design that will be lighter and full cage using only aluminum material. A full cromolly tube frame is also in the works. I will be using the new 1/4 burnout diffs from rc4wd. I finally designed and built longer and bigger shocks for my monster truck. I now have 4" travel. I re-designed the steering bell crank steering to include a simple lock out for the rear and improve the steering power output and limit the rear steering if needed. I also re-designed the lower and upper shock mounts to use dual shock at each corner and improved the upper and lower links.
    Cool ,always interested in to seeing some personal mods!...
    Just bash it!..

Default Re: Hmebuild part 3

I just finished the mock up of the new addition to my 1/10 and 1/5 scale chassis' . Now I can order material and begin the new addition to my chassis to make them a full frame.
    IF you can't handle the TRUTH jusk keep on TRASH talking. The one who can't prove Im a FAKe is the real phoney!

I just finished a new mock up body mount system for my 1/5 monster truck. A much cleaner look! More material to order.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 01-29-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Last edited by Revolauncher; 06-07-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolauncher View Post

,he didn't spell pictures right!....
    Just bash it!..

I see pictures

I have finished the new servo tray and tested several style 1/4 scale servos and I have come to a conclusion that 400 oz is not enough power to steer the truck with 4wd. I do have larger servos but will require me to make a larger tray. I am going to try some CYS servos which are the same size as a 1/4 scale servos but are 500 oz. each total 1000 oz.. They should be more than enough as the original servo I'm currently using is 900 oz. to start and is now 1200 oz. It all come down to the total cost and time to machine parts of each system. No servo savers will work.

CYS servos arrived yesterday. I made some minor adjustments to the tray so the servo's will fit. Tried out the new servos today on the bench and one servo is turning truck with the weight on it. So 500 -600 oz. direct is enough power. I'm waiting for a heavy duty Y harness to arrive and see if the problem with running 2 servo disappears. These servos are power hungry. More testing to see how the hold up.
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 04-26-2017 at 12:00 PM.

The problem went away with the new heavy duty Y harness. I now have 2 CYS 8218 servos steering . The testing can now begin to see how well they hold up compare to my original steering using a Tone 050 servo.

After some bench testing I have decide for right now to only use the Tone 050 servo for steering. The CYS servos just don't equal the Tone 050 servo. I do have some more designing to do right now. My new design for the steering knuckles removes 1/2" more per side moving the pivot closer to the wheel centers. I will have to make the change's and see if that improves the steering. The CYS servos require more battery amps to run and that shortens battery life with the battery I have. The Tone 050 only uses 4.5 amps compared to the CYS servos use 6.5 amps.

I am taking a short break and started working on my off road buggy again. I made a new transmission block. The old one just looked bad from the redesigning it and the chain was just too tight. I will finished the parts today and then redesign the motor mounts to move the motor back further for more weight transfer. All the material has arrived to start back on the build again soon.

After more consideration I have decided to leave the motor mounts alone. There just isn't any more room to move the motor further back. So I'm finished with this project. SO I need to order some tooling and then I can begin building again.

Are you an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Are you an idiot?
    I know you are as you posted a rude obnoxious comment in a build tread!
    Last edited by Monstertrucker14; 06-05-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Are you an idiot?
    Some say...

This is a build tread.

You have built paragraphs of words. I salute you.

Just upgraded radio system to a Hite optic FM with 6 channels. Now I can add the kill switch and remote start. Now I can run independent and crab steering with the flip of one switch . Did some work on my 1/8 scale buggies. I finally got around to making the transmission brace and radio tray for the kyosho inferno.

I have all the tooling required to start working on the build again. The weather is holding and I can start making parts again. I just orders some new smaller tires for my off road truck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast