Thread: Vandodger's back with project Muay Thai!

Default Vandodger's back with project Muay Thai!

Hey guys I know it's been a while but with the way the economy is up here in the great white north money and jobs have been pretty scarce. A while ago I picked up a well loved but well taken care of Ho Bao Ã* la OFNA Hyper st. It was pretty scratched up but it has brand new diffs installed front and rear as well as a brand new set of a-arms that I installed myself. I'll post pictures eventually but I tore the truck right down to a bare chassis and stripped off all the nasty yellow-brown anno and polished the whole chassis and shock towers to a mirror finish, leaving most of the deeper scratches to give the truck some character. The truck is missing a centre driveshaft and the centre diff but I built a new one using the spare diffs that the truck came with and the extra spur that came with my old 8ight-t. Even the "old" diffs look like they weren't even used! My plan is to run a Losi 8ight motor mount and use an ez-run max8 brushless system running 4s. I wish I had some pictures of this thing as the shock towers look like they must be about 8mm! Can't wait to get electronics in the beast and terrorize the trailer park cats!
    My savage is a flux. A flux has an electronic speed controller. An electronic speed controller has a capacitor. Therefore my savage has a flux capacitor!

GETNDIRTY WIT JEEPS johnbanghart's Avatar

Default Re: Vandodger's back with project Muay Thai!

Can't wait to see some pics lol
    brushless Ofna 9.5 and brushless emaxx jammin crt x1 pro brushless and nitro crt x1 losi drift r losi strike associated t4 and sc10

Bronze Level BYT Member lilpanther's Avatar

I would love to see pictures of the polished chassis and shock towers, I've always considered doing that to and RC.
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] yea i knwo how to google y do i need it for
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] i dont have no question for u
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] to goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] its google, not goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] you wear goggles, google is a number
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] sheesh
    7:31 PM [SHORTBUS25] same diff its looks the same
    7:53 PM [SHORTBUS25] i think the pinion is a 78t

Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    DUDE
    That was so 80...
    My Fleet

Once I get my internet sorted out I will post some. I used generic oven cleaner to take off most of the anno and then sanded it with 120 then 400 grit emery cloth. The easiest way I found was to put some meguiars diamond cut directly on the felt pad of an orbital palm sander and then work it in straight lines up and down the pieces. The chassis was the most work and I ended up doing touch ups to the scratches and gouges with a mothers power ball. Good way to kill a Saturday afternoon and a 6-pack! I also jb-welded one of my spare diffs because I plan on doing a 1/5 scale project similar to what twissted is doing with his losi trucks.
    My savage is a flux. A flux has an electronic speed controller. An electronic speed controller has a capacitor. Therefore my savage has a flux capacitor!

Watiing on pics!
    Silence is the best thing to drive someone crazy.
    If 3 out of 5 persons "suffer from diarrhea" does that mean 2 out of 5 enjoy it?
    In memory of Rachel, I will beat up my cars on May 17th.