Thread: Axial Wraith Spawn or Stampede 4x4 XL-5?

Lightbulb Axial Wraith Spawn or Stampede 4x4 XL-5?

Okay so my first RC was a Wheely King which was nothing but problems. It could do wheelies and go through mud, that was about it. Now with all the trouble I've had with the WK, the warranty department is going to give me back my credit from Tower Hobby.

I love the simplicity, looks, and reliability for the Stampede. I've always had my eyes set on it, and regret getting the Wheely King. I don't need brushless, and although the motor can go out, it seems cheap and easy to replace. I would run 2s lipo that would give me PLENTY of speed to bash, go through mud, snow, and some jumps on different terrains.

I can't lie, when I did have my WK I would try to crawl a bit because I found going over obstacles to be a fun part. That's where I learned about the Wraith Spawn. I LOVE the fact that it is very solid out of the box. Nothing seems too flimsy, and I like the fact that it's got all metal gears, and has a faster motor so it's bash-worthy. I like the looks a lot, and could see FAR more potential for fun with the Spawn.

My question is though is the speed and fun of not having a Stampede. It's also very simple to work on, from what I've seen.

My goal is to have something all weather, that is very reliable out of the box, as well as something that has decent speed. The Spawn looks like it would go about 15mph, which was about the same speed at my Wheely King with LiPo.

I know this is an odd comparison, but I feel the Wraith would be the best of both worlds; bashing in smaller areas and parks, as well as the ability to challenge the truck to go through rocky or difficult terrain. The speed and handling of the Stampede is what I really love too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Default Re: Axial Wraith Spawn or Stampede 4x4 XL-5?

Go with the wraith and throw a sidewinder brushless system in it. Problem solved!
    My savage is a flux. A flux has an electronic speed controller. An electronic speed controller has a capacitor. Therefore my savage has a flux capacitor!

Bronze Level BYT Member lilpanther's Avatar

Default Re: Axial Wraith Spawn or Stampede 4x4 XL-5?

I think for what you're wanting the Wraith would probably be your best bet. Back when I had mine it would run fast enough to be fun but still go slow enough and be capable enough to climb over rocks.
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] yea i knwo how to google y do i need it for
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] i dont have no question for u
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] to goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] its google, not goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] you wear goggles, google is a number
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] sheesh
    7:31 PM [SHORTBUS25] same diff its looks the same
    7:53 PM [SHORTBUS25] i think the pinion is a 78t

Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    DUDE
    That was so 80...
    My Fleet