Thread: What do I do?

Default What do I do?

what would be a typical diff setup be for 1/8 truggy? Right now I have my talion setup at 30k front 15k rear and 100k center. I put the thick in center bc I was running big Joe 2s when it was on 6s, I've toned it down to 4s and now that I'm using regular truggy tires this thing like to plow, meaning when you want to turn, the turn is VERY lazy. It does turn at low speed, but as speed picks up, the turning radius gets to be worse than on old ford pick-up. Would my issue be how thick my center diff fluid is or what? It has brand new sealed bearings and nothing is binding. Any help would be appreciated.... thanks
    IF your gonna have fun... Then do it right, BASH it...give a PURE UNADULTERATED BASHING!!!

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Default Re: What do I do?

Setup for more steering involves everything from lower front ride height to diff. oils, etc. Yes, running thinner center diff. oil helps power unload to the front wheels pulling you around corners more, try 30K in center diff. and you should gain on-power steering.
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

Sounds good, I will try that out when I get a chance. I was trying to keep front wheels from becoming pizza cutters, and for the most part that is true. Is there anyway of accomplishing both tasks? If not, then I'll have to deal with it.
    IF your gonna have fun... Then do it right, BASH it...give a PURE UNADULTERATED BASHING!!!

Earlier this afternoon I took the truggy out and try to make a video of it out running, but because of the big Joe's 2 that I put back on it, it started skipping teeth on the front diff. So I took it out and shimed it (which hopefully takes care of it for a while) and while I was at it I took care of the center diff, as you suggested revolauncher, I put 30k in and by doing so it doesn't wheelie as much, but it still has a very wide turning radius. I have decided that I'm gonna get a set of badlands and a savox sa1231sg servo. I think the one I have just doesn't have the balls to move the wheels, the servo that's in the truck now is a Hitec hs5585mh running a 7.4 which is only 236 oz/in and the new one will be 444 in/oz at 6v. So I think all in all it will be better off.... we shall see.

Veteran BYT Member traxxaskiller's Avatar

If it still has a wide turning radius with the new servo and center diff oil you should check your servo saver and end points. If the servo saver is too loose it may cause you to lose throw at high speeds. Also, if your end points are not set high enough the servo may not be putting out enough power to hold the wheels at high speed. The end points should be set with the tires on the ground.
    A message for lapped traffic:
    " Theres a race going on, and you arn't in it."
    RC

I think I have things in order now. I reset all settings on my controller, tightened the servo saver, I thought I had it tight but I suppose not. I also got my new servo yesterday, and it is a beast, savox sa 1231 sg..got it running at 5v. On top of that the new badlands that are on the talion now... well, they rock. They just tear into whatever you put in front of it. Im diggin the look, now i need (want) a new body to paint, the whole spiderman theme is getting old. I took it out to the local park earlier and i am not disappointed. I don't think I'm going to change anything from here on out, it is bad to the freakin bone right now.