Thread: Help with Big Red

Default Help with Big Red

I have an XXL with the Dynamite Mach 2 Big Red. The engine is approximately 6 months old and has about a gallon of fuel run through it. Recently I went to a local track and bashed around on the track and the hill climbs. The truck was running awesome when out of the blue I cleared a berm and the truck stalled. I pulled the truck and couldn't get it started. It was a 95 deg day and I was running the HSN and LSN close to 3 turns outs so I was running rich. Once the engine was able to start it wouldn't idle and ran like it was running to lean.

I assumed that it was too hot and threw it in the truck and drove my 8ight the remainder of the day with no issues. It's been three weeks since the trip to the track and I pulled it out and same issue, the engine won't idle and the truck won't accelerate. I pull the air filter to find muddy fuel in the carb and throughout the motor. The exhaust has new seals, the filter was still zip tied tight and the filter was oiled so I'm not sure where all of this dust came from.

I pulled the motor last night, thoroughly cleaned it out, clean the exhaust as the tank pressurization tube was full of the mud, clean the fuel tank and replaced the lines and filter. Went to test it out today and found that the engine won't idle but will run for a while at a slightly higher throttle position. The engine still has compression but I'm not sure if its reduce or not. I can rotate it through the compression stroke with my pointer finger using the clutch flywheel.

Is my motor toast or am I missing something?

Thanks, Andrew

Default Re: Help with Big Red

Did you clean out the carb? Dirt may have got inside and plugged the needle? What brand fuel you using? Most engines require 18% oil.
    TRUE BUILDER OF THE WORLDS LIGHTEST 1/5 MONSTER TRUCK @ 55LBS.
    THE ONE WHO CAN"T PROOVE I"M A FAKE IS THE REAL FAKE 100%