Thread: Why are nitro stampede / rustler / slash rear arm mounts 1 degree out?

Default Why are nitro stampede / rustler / slash rear arm mounts 1 degree out?

As above, i am looking for a set of aluminium rear arm mounts for my pede, but all the ones i encounter are +/- 1 degree making the rear look funny and the rear wheels toe in / out, why is this? the only ones that dont give odd toe angles are the integy ones, which i cannot seem to get over here in sunny England

cheers all

Roo

Veteran BYT Member traxxaskiller's Avatar

Default Re: Why are nitro stampede / rustler / slash rear arm mounts 1 degree out?

Well, I know having a little toe in on the rear will add stability to the truck. So for me that would explain why some arms have -1 toe built in. The only thing I can thing for having arms with +1 toe out was to compensate for a lot of built in toe in the arm mount or hub.
    A message for lapped traffic:
    " Theres a race going on, and you arn't in it."
    RC

Default Re: Why are nitro stampede / rustler / slash rear arm mounts 1 degree out?

They were developed for the earlier race cars like the trx1 and blue eagle. The earlier ones like for the hawk 2 and nitro hawk are 1 degree but hard to find and easy to break.

That added toe-in is good for out of the hole stability and make the car want to shoot straiter. Certainly not a bad thing for a car that wants to get slideways like a nitro 2wd does.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Interesting to know, but will the toe in really help on a stampede? Most of the time when under power the front wheels aren't even touching the floor anyway lol it just looks a little bit odd with the rear wheels pointing inwards

yes itll help, (i notice it on my srt anyhow) also mind you, it means more on the nitro rusty and they do share most of their rear assemblies and transmission.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!