Thread: Broken wire in winding..

Default Broken wire in winding..

I have a castle 1515/1y motor and me in my infinite wisdom used too long of screw when mounting said motor and when I took motor apart to clean I noticed that one of the windings was broke. I attempted to see if there we're any others broken but I didnt try too hard as I didn't want any more broken. I am wondering if I were to use the motor would I run into issues down the road? I hooked the motor up to my speed controllet and everything seems to run as it should. I was gonna put this motor in a ofna lx1 buggy. I hope I didnt just ruin a awesome motor...
    IF your gonna have fun... Then do it right, BASH it...give a PURE UNADULTERATED BASHING!!!

Default Re: Broken wire in winding..

It may not run as smooth under load but if it runs, sumbagun runs.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Silver Level BYT Member mrgrimm's Avatar

Default Re: Broken wire in winding..

Wow, I have come close to doing that myself! I always worry and pay close attention when mounting motors because I have done similar (just kind of crushed the winding, never actually broke it) Really doesn't seem like there is much you can do other than run it and see what happens. Mine ran fine for a long time afterwards.

That's almost as bad as the time I bought a nice brand new Feigao motor (don't think they make them anymore) for a truck back in the day - opened the box and out fell the motor, Bam right on the garage floor. Must have knocked off the windings in the can or something ( did dent it pretty bad) because the motor made horrible noise and heated up to about 250F within a minute of running it. I felt really stupid for that one I always work with electric motors over top of my workbench now!