Thread: Savage ss 4.6 questions need help please

Default Savage ss 4.6 questions need help please

I jus bought a used savage ss 4.6 with the k4.6 motor with the purple cooling head I can tell the truck was barely used no scratches on bottom truck is really clean but the pull start is stuck I don't know y I hope the motor isn't shot because the motor looks like it was barely run also if so what is another good drop in motor for it another .28 that's reliable and a good motor also they put a reverse module in it and I think maybe they put it in wrong and the spur gear is really tight I have the box it came with it was the ss 4.6 kit

Default Re: Savage ss 4.6 questions need help please

Is the pull start stuck out? as in it will not retract? chances are the little clip has come off inside, if you (carefully) remove the pullstart and look inside, there will be a small metal hook, using a small flat blade screwdriver push the clip back in (it will only go one way) Note, be careful to not let the spring uncoil itself! its an absolute nightmare to re-coil it by hand lol

This is what happened to my pullstart anyway, and a little tip when starting is to use short sharp pulls, dont pull the chord all the way out

In my opinion i would do away with the reverse, they are usually more hassle then they are worth, and really, how much time do you actually spend going backwards?

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

One thing that could have happened,is that the person may not have put after run oil in it before putting it away.
    Its not really a big deal! Just put some after run oil,or marvel oil in the engine,massage the crank shaft back &
    forth to break it free...
    Just bash it!..

/\/\/\ I've resurrected a seized traxxas motor this way and as far as I know it still starts and runs better than the Mach in my kyosho. You could also strip the starter carb and head off of the engine and let it soak in diesel for a couple-few days. You would be amazed at what the detergents in diesel fuel are capable of!
    My savage is a flux. A flux has an electronic speed controller. An electronic speed controller has a capacitor. Therefore my savage has a flux capacitor!