Thread: Back to RC

Default Back to RC

It's been 22 yrs since I've had RC cars and decided to come back and try my luck with a nitro Monster Truck. SO I couldn't make up my mind between the MGT 4.6 and the LST2 so I bought both . As a kid I raced a Tamiya Blackfoot and a gold pan RC10 so nitro is pretty new to me. Looking for setup tips and general comments on what people have learned. My LST2 has a new .28 Big Red in it and now that it's broken in the truck has soo much power it's hard to control and can wheelie/flip on command. Just to clarify, I'm totally happy with this power just looking for setup tips to improve high speed control that has a good balance for school yard bashing in the local BMX tracks and back yard fun.

The MGT has an SH M28-P3 and I've recently added a tuned LST2 exhaust manifold/pipe combination and love the slight bump in performance. The MGT is new to me so I'm still in the learning stages with it.

I'm running Sidewinder 20% Nitro, 16% oil and have had no issues tuning or holding a tune. I have 1 gallon through the Big Red and one tank through the MGT.

Last edited by fennacf; 05-15-2015 at 07:46 PM.