Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mwildmann's LX2e Build

Default Re: Mwildmann's LX2e Build

Been a while since I've looked at this thread so I thought I'd update a little bit. This truck is still running great. I still love it and will never get rid of it. I had my Ten-Te to the beach a few weeks ago and we'll be heading to another beach this weekend. I think I'm taking the LX2e with me this time for some more sandy fun. Since the fan on the Ten-Te ESC locked up from the sand I might try to put some screen over the ESC fan on the LX2e. Although the sand will likely still get through. Does anyone have any solution for that issue?

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

I find foam is the only thing that keeps sand out. The foam will plug, but it will protect the electronics...
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

Like the foam used for pre-filters on small engines or maybe even in a shop vac? It doesnt restrict air flow too much?

If you use a piece of nylon ie. Women's under garments that should keep 95% of the sand and dust out. Or unplug the fan and run it sans body shell.
    My savage is a flux. A flux has an electronic speed controller. An electronic speed controller has a capacitor. Therefore my savage has a flux capacitor!

Ah, that's an excellent idea! Will do that in the future. I did take it to the beach with us a couple weeks ago. Didn't bother doing anything with the ESC fan but didn't have a problem with it. I did, however, get a pebble jammed between the chassis and spur gear and trashed the spur and I musta been reefing on it pretty hard cause the heat shrink on the motor bullets started to melt. Guess I gotta keep an eye on them and possibly install bigger bullet connectors if the problem continues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123