Thread: Has any one had one?

Default Has any one had one?

I am thinking on getting a RedCat Volcano EXP Pro Brushless. I would like to know if anyone has had or used one and what problems occur. I have read that they have some issues with the rear hub carriers. Other than that is there anything else to worry about?

Default Re: Has any one had one?

I know 1/5 scale redcats have a good rep. U think the nitros and1/10 scale stay away but that just my research I've done

Right on...I was looking at the Volcano EPX, but I went with the Avalanche XTE, I hope that it is as good as I have read about. I will be receiving it next week.

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

The are inexpesive, and some hold up pretty well, but part support can be very hard to come by.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Seems like an underpowered brushless system considering weight...but that's not personal feedback, one of my buddies had one. Never saw it run, but man they sure look cool
    2s is a drink. 4s is an appetizer. 6s is the entree. 8s is dessert, if you're still hungry.

i have it now and has loads of power and it is a heavy truck... 13lbs I think. I am new to brushless motors but I would say that it has plenty of power to get this pig up to speed. I will have to agree with ya it does look pretty **** cool.
    IF your gonna have fun... Then do it right, BASH it...give a PURE UNADULTERATED BASHING!!!