Thread: Need Help...

Default Need Help...

I have a BIG problem... I recently gotten my xx4we back up and running and after everything is said and done I have gone through three esc's. I am getting a little aggravated about this. I believe everything is adjusted correctly and no electrical shorts or mechanical binding. I am running a brand new TRINITY CHAMELEON 2 PRO 19T on 84/17-19 and 2s 30c batt. And after running 5-10 min, both esc and motor are hot. I am almost at my whits end, Can someone lend me some assistance please. I also would like to know what gearing I should be running... larger spur or pinion or both ???

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

Default Re: Need Help...

Your running a 19 t as the pinion gear on the motor?...I havent messed with electric in 18 years,But to me,that sounds kinda too big to me.
    Thats bigger then my clutch bell gear on my big block nitro engine.If anything,try reducing that size down 2 teeth smaller,an see if that
    makes a difference.It sounds like your over working the motor.
    Just bash it!..

I have already done that, I have tried 17-19... all the same results.... I might have figured my problem out, I have been combing through hundreds of pages online and came across one that mentioned the belt tightness and binding. And after reading that I took the buggy apart and apparently I had the bearing blocks backwards. Before I tore it apart I gave the wheels a little turn and low and behold no turn together, they turned opposite of each other, I did an ole swithch-a-roo and now they spin together and it rolls more than 6 inches, more like 3-4ft with little push. **** I need to pay more attention to what Im doing sometimes... So I am waiting AGAIN for another cheap esc and it should not burn up again, and will be putting the 17t back on the motor and see where this takes me.
    But I tell ya that bugger moves, I think I had it near 35-40 mph on the road... I know there are ppl that have rc's that go 60,70,80 or more, but these speeds are good for me, now to get that speed off-road, I might have to go brushless for that huh?

Thats good.

Sometimes its the little thing that get you.But usually in an electric motor over heating,one of the comon reason is gear to high.
    Just bash it!..

I will eventually get it, one thing I don't get is there wasn't the slightest bit of hesitation or it seeming like it had any issue until the esc's burned up, 1st one was el cheapo so I chalked it up as that, second and third I started thinking it was bc of the batt. with the xtra current but no it was me the whole time... I hate the fact that I had to go through $200 of esc to figure it out, lol

Lol...Ive done the same thing....I destroyed 2 brand new 8.0 engines back to back....
    Just bash it!..

OUCH..... that hurt, Yeah it ain't cool when you really can't afford it...... shoot it ain't cool even if you can afford it.

I got a new losi esc in bag I'd sell for cheap it has 3 run modes and lvd pm me if u need one