Thread: Back again

Default Back again

Yes yes, iam still alive lol popping back in to give everyone an update on things

Had the pede out for a run yesterday and today, must say i had forgotten how much fun these things are, all going well until i snapped an axle

Well no problems, one replacement later, and a bit of shrink wrap to keep some grease in there, back out it went, only to be cut short with gearbox issues (shattered the pin in the top drive gear)

So for this pede, i think its life has been lived, it is to the point now where it spends more time breaking the same parts over and over that its about time it got officially retired, it has yet to run a complete charge before breaking, and with money been saved for a house, and very little time to invest in this hobby anymore, sadly, the megapede is becoming a perminant shelf queen

So a tribute to the megapede, thank you for your 5 minutes of service before catastrophic gearbox failure, thank you for eating all of my money and time, thank you for the several scars on my fingers from sharp objects, but most of all, Thank you for keeping me amuzed

Some pictures for old times sake:

Last edited by Roo; 04-09-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Bronze Level BYT Member lilpanther's Avatar

Default Re: Back again

Welcome back. The cardboard box body is priceless. I know what you mean about trucks breaking the same parts over and over.
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] yea i knwo how to google y do i need it for
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] i dont have no question for u
    7:30 PM [SHORTBUS25] to goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] its google, not goggle
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] you wear goggles, google is a number
    7:31 PM [fishyblob] sheesh
    7:31 PM [SHORTBUS25] same diff its looks the same
    7:53 PM [SHORTBUS25] i think the pinion is a 78t

Quote Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
    DUDE
    That was so 80...
    My Fleet

Welcome back dude! I just saw your post in the pede steering rack thread and got unreasonably excited. Now I'm sad.
    Previously TruggyLuva

perhapse one day when i have more time and money, a new project will start up (4x4 megapede perhapse?) but as for now, the megapede is taking pride of place in the garage until i can decide whether to sell it or rob it for its parts

On a lighter note however, in my haste to diagnose the gearbox issue as a shattered drive pin, i failed to notice one of the wheels about to fall off, missing its hex pin, one new pin ant a tightened nut later and the pede works again.

I more of a rusty fan over the pede but holy weasel nuts batman! That thing is cool!
    My savage is a flux. A flux has an electronic speed controller. An electronic speed controller has a capacitor. Therefore my savage has a flux capacitor!

well, it was cool, after the discovery of the wheel hex as apposed to the entire gearbox, it went out again today for another try, there was a loud pop and i beleive the speed controller is bricked

Deffinately destined for the shelf now

It just wasn't meant to be this time around..
    Previously TruggyLuva