Thread: EZ-Off is AMAZING!!!!

Default EZ-Off is AMAZING!!!!

Not sure if this is the right place for this as it is for removing paint and chrome rather than putting it on. I've always read about using yellow ez off to take chrome off of rc wheels but never tried it till now. I have a set of well loved axial beadlocks that were peeling pretty bad so I figured why not. I didn't get any pictures of the during phase but I do have before and after pics. It even took the factory annodization off the beadlock rings and I have to say I'm pretty happy with the results! There was no need to leave them overnight as an hour was more than enough time for it to do its magic. I polished the rings afterwards to clean them up and give them a brushed aluminum look.

Ps. I hate chrome. Black or obnoxious colours suit my fancy!
    My savage is a flux. A flux has an electronic speed controller. An electronic speed controller has a capacitor. Therefore my savage has a flux capacitor!

Default Re: EZ-Off is AMAZING!!!!

before

during

after!
    My savage is a flux. A flux has an electronic speed controller. An electronic speed controller has a capacitor. Therefore my savage has a flux capacitor!

In hindsight the aluminum foil was pointless. The oven cleaner ate it for supper then asked for seconds! I cleaned them on the drier because older appliances are enamel coated and that's probably the only surface in my house it won't ruin. Lol

They came out great!

New BYT Member

gonna have to try it got some wheels that are peeling.....

Oven cleaner is a great chemical for that. Try doing it on newspapers next time. Much easier clean up.
    Or inside your oven......
    got paint?

I had some wheels that were painted. One set cleaned up real nice and the other has a red tint on them. I suspect the colour used blue had red pigment and the wheels were white. Oven cleaner did a good job but when that dosen't work I use pactra paint thinner usually on lexan bodies. Only on small ares like windows. It will etch the plastic white but I take a dremel tool and buffing compound and polish the area clear again. This is only a last resort to salvage a vintage body.
    TRUE BUILDER OF THE WORLDS LIGHTEST 1/5 MONSTER TRUCK @ 55LBS.
    THE ONE WHO CAN"T PROOVE I"M A FAKE IS THE REAL FAKE 100%

Thanks man. Btw welcome to the forums man!