Thread: overheating issue

Default overheating issue

It has been a long time since my son has played with his mini revo and the truck went into thermal protection. It is a stock mini revor with the traxxas brushless system gearing is 23/50. Should I change the pinion or spur gear to lower the temps? Also for christmas i got him a new set of proline trenchers on the beadlock rims am i going to have to change the gearing for those i never see anybody talk about what gearing they are running just that the beadlock rim is heavier and it should be changed. any help would be great thanks

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Default Re: overheating issue

Dropping 2-3 teeth on the pinion is the norm. for those tires. In the meantime I would check for a tight bearing. It may have been put away wet and seized up, hub carrier bearings are notorious for this. easiest way is to remove the motor, that way the whole truck can freewheel all the way through the drivetrain w/o any drag. A sticky bearing will stand out like a sore thumb that way.
    Last edited by Revolauncher; 09-13-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

Default Re: overheating issue

Thanks for the help the truck seems to spin freely the only noise I could hear was from the bearing on the spur gear