Thread: need help looking for a buggy

Default need help looking for a buggy

looking for a cheap, durable 1/8th scale buggy to just bash into the ground, any suggestions?

my old turmoil was fun but i taco'd the chassis rather easily and the motor mounts kept slipping and eating clutch bells so i would rather have something much more durable, OH! and parts readily available unlike my mayhem and turmoil that were discontinued very quickly

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Default Re: need help looking for a buggy

Ofna LX2 and Hyper 7 would get my vote, really tough buggies. The ECX revenge is kind of disappointing, as is the lower end Kyosho.......If your local shop is a Losi dealer like mine, a good used 8ight 1.0 would be the way to go and save some $$$ over new.
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

+1 what Revolauncher said....The Ofna brand is a major brand an offer endless spare parts at a reasonal price.
    Also,they are in a fair price range,durable,an racing capable.....
    Just bash it!..

see, i used to race, and it was endlessly frustrating as a high school student trying to keep a mayhem st and a turmoil running as they were being phased out, and i do not ant that to ever happen with my basher rig

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

You came to a bashing site asking for a basher 1/8 scale buggy, we replied.....You will not have any issues with the Ofna's. The Mayhem ST and turmoil are not the best candidates for bashing, and I think it was a good thing they were discontinued. The 2 Ofna platforms recommended have been and will be around for a long time so there is good reason as to why. Investment worthy quality. You will not be frustrated with their durability, and any wear items are affordable by 1/8 scale parts cost standards.
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

+1 on the 8ight B.....mean machine, bash-friendly. Parts are available at my very limited amount of shops too. BUT, you'll never need them, the 8ights are indestructible.
    2s is a drink. 4s is an appetizer. 6s is the entree. 8s is dessert, if you're still hungry.