Thread: clodbuster motors

Default clodbuster motors

I am looking to upgrade my old 540 stock motors. I have 1 speed gem topaz motor. my question is if I get another topaz motor will running one backwards burn it out? or can I just get a matching set of new brushes for both motors?

Bronze Level BYT Member electricbasher's Avatar

Default Re: clodbuster motors

If you can find another one (im in the hunt for a ruby... its been pretty unsuccessful) its no problem running it backwards. Just two things

1. make sure the brushes are broken in to the correct rotation for each axle (i.e reverse rotate one during break in and normal rotation on the other). It helps if your mark one with an R to let you know its the reverse rotation.

2. make sure your timing on each motor is set to neutral, otherwise one will be dragging the other and cause one to burn up.

But people have been running mod motors on clods for a VERY long time, it wont be a problem
    Drive rc, do good

contrary to popular belief, nitro is just as fun as electric

Have you tried the reverse roitation traxxas revo motors,i very happy with the way it moves my clod.
    HPI CRAWLER KING

REDCAT RACING GROUNDPOUNDER

Aint no feel'n like r/c mobile'n

New BYT Member

if memory serves me right. You can spin the end bell 180 degrees and it will run in reverse. oh gee old post.