Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canie's RC8be to rally car

BYT Member

Default Re: Canie's RC8be to rally car

I have just ordered a new receiver antenna, hopefully that will solve the range issue.

Have you done anything to reduce the heat in your rally car, Electricbasher?
    Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 stock, Team Associated RC8be with MMM and 2200kv motor, Axial SCX10, Traxxas Rustler with Protrac kit, 17mm adapters 1/8 ESC 3800kv castle motor, Traxxas Summit (sold)

Bronze Level BYT Member electricbasher's Avatar

I put a fan on the motor, but really I need to gear down some. In the winter it was fine, but now as its warming up the temps on the motor may start climbing higher than I like.
    Drive rc, do good

contrary to popular belief, nitro is just as fun as electric

BYT Member

Alright, thanks. I don't like the thought of gearing down, top speed is about 30-35mph. I believe it will run cooler when the range issue has been fixed, will have to be careful

Another matter is differential setup, currently running stock 5/5/5, I'd like it to diff out less and drift more, but not sure how heavy weight the oil should have, never tried setting up buggies .before so any tips would be great.
    Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 stock, Team Associated RC8be with MMM and 2200kv motor, Axial SCX10, Traxxas Rustler with Protrac kit, 17mm adapters 1/8 ESC 3800kv castle motor, Traxxas Summit (sold)

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

I would go with 15K up front and 30K center and 15K rear. Drift setups like an even torque split front/rear and a thick center diff. The 30K center will keep the fronts from unloading much if at all, yet kick the back out easy enough when on the throttle.
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

BYT Member

Thanks Revolauncher.

Silver Level BYT Member DragsterDragons's Avatar

That looks pretty sweet , seems like rally is starting to grow!
    I too had the same problem , except with my merv.. Much cooler drifter then a basher
    Show BYT where you are from by plotting a point on the BYT worldwide map !
    Click ME !

E-XXL 8T 2.0 LST Fanatic

BYT Member

I tried changing the antenna of the receiver, didn't work. I have just received a different receiver, will try and see whether that works better. I do remember the antenna plastic tube of the transmitter coming off by hitting the door on the way out once, maybe I'll have to replace that antenna.

BYT Member

I replaced the antenna of the transmitter, a simpler task than expected. The range is now further than I can see, as it used to be. I will try to see if I can get any driving footage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12