Thread: My sons Rustler XL-5

New BYT Member

Default My sons Rustler XL-5

Bought this from ebay for my sons 7th birthday. It didn't come with a body so I painted him one. The next mod will be a 2.4 radio.

God made airplane mechanics so pilots could have heroes.

Silver Level BYT Member mrgrimm's Avatar

Default Re: My sons Rustler XL-5

Pretty cool looking. I also picked up a pair of XL-5 rustlers for my daughters recently. They are tough, reliable trucks that can be found used for pretty cheap and all the hobby shops always have most parts in stock (which is a must when the kids are behind the wheel!) which helps to keep them running instead of waiting for ordered parts to arrive in the mail.

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

Rustler's are great first time RC's! Ton of after market support. Lot's of upgrades. Pretty darn tough. The Rustler was my first RC. I'm sure your son will have a blast with it!
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Always wanted a rustler, just never got around to getting one! I got my first car as a go big or go home approach.

Bronze Level BYT Member RCaddict0's Avatar

I suggest running a rustler. There great trucks. I've found the firestorms a great st too. There's nothing like a durable 2wd stadium truck.
    Traxxas E Maxx, Stampede & Rustler VXL, Rally VXL 1/16 - HPI Bullet ST FLUX - ARRMA Granite BLX
    ECX Ruckus Brushless! Hobbywing Powered!