Thread: Its been a long time ESC advice needed

Default Its been a long time ESC advice needed

Hey guys its been quite a while since i had some time/money to rc looking for some advice here on getting my mini revo running again

I need a new esc first off, i ripped a wire off and then broke some IC's on the board trying to get the epoxy off to fix the broken wire,
    secondly i need a new servo.

I run 2s still have stock motor what are some good non expensive options for servo and ESC.
    I don't really run my rc much any more so i don't need top of the line stuff just something that will work well enough for the MERV
    Even better if i could get some used stuff off BYT but i didn't see any recent threads with anything that would work for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Its been a long time ESC advice needed

hobbywing escs are pretty good and cheap look on valuehobby.com or hobbypartz.com
    watch out for that oops too late time to order parts

will i need the programming box for ezrun-35a or can it be done via usb too like Mamba
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you can get a program card that is like 8 bucks or the advanced lcd program box for 20 which the advanced program box will let you connect to a computer to update firmware the $8 card only changes settings easier than using your tx
    watch out for that oops too late time to order parts

Bronze Level BYT Member RCaddict0's Avatar

I was going to recommend the same. I'm running a EZRun 35A 1/10 esc with stock motor and its a huge improvement over stock. Water resistant, much smoother throttle, and never any heat. Valuehobby.com has the cheapest prices on hobbywing by far. Didn't check stock before my reply, but there's also 1/10 25a which should be fine aswell. The 35A seemed to be a great fit. The 60a would be fine to. But IMO its way more than what's needed
    Traxxas E Maxx, Stampede & Rustler VXL, Rally VXL 1/16 - HPI Bullet ST FLUX - ARRMA Granite BLX
    ECX Ruckus Brushless! Hobbywing Powered!