Thread: any solutions to the rubber exhaust manifold on a rustler splitting??

New BYT Member

Default any solutions to the rubber exhaust manifold on a rustler splitting??

iv had this problem a few times now and am looking for a more permenant and better looking fix than i have at the mo...

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Default Re: any solutions to the rubber exhaust manifold on a rustler splitting??

Which nitro rustler do you have? Sigh, TRX .15, 2.5, or 3.3 engine? Can't tell from your blurry profile pic. There are spring and seal type mounts for the header on both ends, but then you have to have the correct tuned pipe to match.
    Example:

then the stocker for 2.5 and up:

and then the old one which is what I suspect you want:

Traxxas part #4487, you then just need a coupler with zip ties:

Traxxas part# 5246
    Last edited by Revolauncher; 02-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.

New BYT Member

Default Re: any solutions to the rubber exhaust manifold on a rustler splitting??

ahh yea thats the one with the rear exhaust port,iv kinda made one for the min out of 15 mm copper pipe which is holding up rather well tbh, had it out bashing the other day for hours n no signs of leaking,one thing i was concerned about when making this was if the length of the manifold effected the performance in any way? i know the muffler shape does( ie: the longer it is the more top end and less bottom end poke) but i dunno if this is the same with the overall length of the pipe or just the muffler? any idea?