Thread: what lipos fit in a rc18 platform?

Default what lipos fit in a rc18 platform?

what lipo is everyone running for the rc18t? the stock side by side wont fit..... i do now run a shotgun stick nimh that is a gen's battery and it is 1600 mah......

i do have a dp gear cover, and i guess this cuts down on some available room

i was going to run my spc lipos from my mini revo, but they are way too wide, almost a 1/4"

Bronze Level BYT Member RCaddict0's Avatar

Default Re: what lipos fit in a rc18 platform?

I bought a Venom 2000mAh 2s soft case and my Turnigy 1700 both fit
    Traxxas E Maxx, Stampede & Rustler VXL, Rally VXL 1/16 - HPI Bullet ST FLUX - ARRMA Granite BLX
    ECX Ruckus Brushless! Hobbywing Powered!

i need to see if i can find a hard ruler and get some measurements... my 1800 zipp 3s, and my 2300 spc 2s batteries are both, about 3/16" too wide to fit... and at this time, i dont want to grind off the side of my chassis....

EDIT: so... i might dremel the side of my chassis and make a bracket..... these pictures belong are from evojuggalo on rctech.net

Last edited by jimbo74; 12-14-2012 at 06:03 PM.

That bracket by evojuggalo is a great idea and simple to make. I have the same problem with my RC18T.I am using a Turnigy 40-50C 2200mAh. Length and Height fit well except Width. I am making something similar but with less mass. Only problem I have is the need to remove some of the chassis lip. I am attempting an idea of making a shallow aluminium 'U' shaped rail that 'sandwiches the chassis where the lip has been removed, to act as a strengthening brace.