Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giga Force- Twin Brushless 2speed

Default Giga Force- Twin Brushless 2speed

Hi all !! New guy here. I would like to show you something different I have been working on. Been into Kyosho Monster trucks since my first USA-1, and this one is right off the scale compared to what I have built before. This truck is what resulted from combining a Kyosho Giga Crusher and a Kyosho Mad/Twin Force, never been done before and it turned out pretty cool. I originally built it as a twin nitro engine truck with a 3speed tranny, it is now a twin 2050KV Brushless 2speed. I was never sure what to call it so think of it as a solid axle Giga Crusher. Hope you enjoy !!

Bronze Level BYT Member electricbasher's Avatar

Default Re: Giga Force- Twin Brushless 2speed

Can we get some more pictures of it?!!? (maybe some topless (Body off, minds out of the gutter) )

that one pic looks sick
    Drive rc, do good

contrary to popular belief, nitro is just as fun as electric

Twin 2050KV brushless motors that are clutched with an all steel geared 2speed. Motors run forward only and has forward/neutral/reverse in centre Giga Crusher tranny. This truck uses mechanical brakes to stop so motors should run cool because they do not have to stop the truck(reverse)

Esc's mounted in back, you can see the massive slipper built into the Giga tranny here too.

That looks amazing.
    You think you know, but you have no idea.

Bottom shot of chassis. Home made behind the axle steering, inboard mounted traction bars, and Punisher driveshafts front and rear. The chassis is very easy to access and work on and everything is 1/8 scale Kyosho so it can take a beating !

My favorite thing about this truck is the symmetry, right and left sides of the truck are the same.

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

WOW,My head is spinnin,that is a pure work of art incorperating clutches
    with electric.....
    AWSOME TRUCK.....
    Just bash it!..

Motors sit low in the chassis, this is not a light truck and it should handle like a solid axle monster truck for sure. The shift into second should be interesting to control!!

Thanks alot !! This is different for sure and a one off custom truck. Not many people do Kyosho stuff anymore, but it was done with today's technology in mind. No rotary speed controls here...

My original pre- Brushless version was pretty sinister looking. I could easily change it back at any time.

Twin Force side mount battery boxes used, more than enough ground clearance as well.

Mandatory flex shot...

Very cool lookin and nicely done! My only question is why dual brushless? A truck of that type, with it's high center of gravity, can't even stay on it feet and utilize the full power(probably even 1/4 of the power) of one single brushless motor of that size. ....and being you're using non-sensored motors you don't really have much low speed usage, without cogging, either?

I don't see you ever being able to squeeze the trigger on your radio more than maybe 1/4 of the way?
    Last edited by jimha; 11-25-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 x2
    Summit
    E-revo brushless(sold this junk)
    Stampede 4x4 MMP 2400(sold this junk)
    Vorza Truggy Bug Monster
    D8Te

Bronze Level BYT Member savage71's Avatar

I think you're going to be going through a lot of bodies on thistruck with all that power
    How many cells are you going to be running?

3:51 PM [fishyblob] there is no polite in byt chat. only debauchery, violence, and sin

Bronze Level BYT Member electricbasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimha View Post
    Very cool lookin and nicely done! My only question is why dual brushless? A truck of that type, with it's high center of gravity, can't even stay on it feet and utilize the full power(probably even 1/4 of the power) of one single brushless motor of that size. ....and being you're using non-sensored motors you don't really have much low speed usage, without cogging, either?

I don't see you ever being able to squeeze the trigger on your radio more than maybe 1/4 of the way?
    Because sir, this is 'murica.

All joking aside, that thing looks BEAUTIFUL. That is an incredible piece of work you have there. Definitely cannot wait to see a video
    Drive rc, do good

contrary to popular belief, nitro is just as fun as electric

BYT official flamer of noobs suicideneil's Avatar

I approve of this build

Can I get a few front 3/4 shots from different angles/heights?- I'd like to add this truck to my Worlds Coolest page on my website.

Regards dual BL power- this is one of those 'why not?' kinda builds- controlling the power is a secondary consideration

I doubt though that you'll even notice the shift from 1st to 2nd gear- since BL motors spool up so fast it'll shift pretty much instantly unless you are very gentle on ramping up the throttle input...

The fountain of r/c knowledge: robotwars.00server.com
    Flaming noobs since June '06

That is the most awesome thing I ever did see.

Thanks alot guys !! Giga Crushers and twin forces were both twin engine/motor trucks, this is based on those so dual brushless had to be done. I could have used better stuff but I built it with what Kyosho uses, they would never make this truck, so I did it for them !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast