Thread: My 11 year old got fed up with his evader!!!!

Default My 11 year old got fed up with his evader!!!!

First off I want to say not bad for a cheap truck. But it's limitations are too much any more. Front bumper/skidplate wears out instantly, and offers no protection. A front end bump snaps the body mount and pops the screws out of the front bulkhead. larger screws and either velcro or replacement mount. Replace tires/wheels because they have no foam in them, but have to get what boys call "ugly wheels"(dish) off a xxxt because of the front axle set up. Replace all the ends on the turnbuckles and the sort because they pop out constantly. So now i have built him an acceptable truck. He's talking upgrading tranny and going brushless. Check on prices for him and let him know cost, so he has set up a job this fall raking half the neighbors leaves to make money. So, ok it's cool, throughout the winter we will go crazy and upgrade his truck. About a week and a half ago while looking on another rc site he see's an ad for a xl5 and a titan 12t for $55. i let him write msg to seller offfering what he thinks he can get it for. I figure a simple lesson in rejection isn't going to hurt him. He tells the lady how he's a young kid and he'll give her all $29 in bills and $6.43 in change to buy it, but if not could she wait a week or 2 and he'd get another $10. My litlle charmer gets his combo $20 shipped to him. That's cool!!!! Get it, install it, 10 minutes in the spur gear is shredded, I have extra's so install new 1. Less than 10 and its done for. I haven't had problems meshing gears so I'm puzzled. Get home, a third gear goes on, secure truck to stand, fire it up and the dang motor mount looks like a flag in the wind. LHS stopped carrying parts for d-trax about 2 months ago. So plan "B" has happened. Took out all the spare parts from all this traxxas stuff I have and built him a rustler(was to be my upgrades when stuff started breaking). Rpm arms, castors, bearing carries, towers. Got it all together took it out for a test run. When he pulled his first wheelie the smile across his face was unbelievable. My heart grew 3 sizes this evening. Let him know we'll put stock elecronics/tires back on evader and he can use it for onroad use only. He said after it's back together he wants to sit it by my RC10L. So his first 'real' rc can sit by my first. I think we have a lifer.

Silver Level BYT Member DragsterDragons's Avatar

Default Re: My 11 year old got fed up with his evader!!!!

Wow , that's some great stuff , pretty powerful lol
    Congrats!
    Show BYT where you are from by plotting a point on the BYT worldwide map !
    Click ME !

E-XXL 8T 2.0 LST Fanatic

That's awesome stuff right there
    Never Fear, Never Quit, Never Give Up, Never Back Down

sounds like a lifer to me!

sounds awesome to me!