Thread: what glow plug and nitro you recommend for trx 3.3 in summer time

Cool what glow plug and nitro you recommend for trx 3.3 in summer time

Hi all: Just wondering; I have been into nitro for about 10 years now. I always use Trx or McCoy plugs. I always use Top fuel or Xtm fuel. I have tried Byron's fuel and Odonnel plugs on occassion. Anyways, I usually have some trouble every so often starting my two Tmaxxes. I do the tuning to the weather etc. But no matter what there is on occasion an issue with starting them. I usually cuss, then mess with the high needle. Then change a glow plug. Then cuss again. Then they start. My question to you guys: Is there a specific brand of glow plug and a specific 20 percent brand of Nitro you recommend. BTW price of plug and fuel is not an issue. I just bash and I do not race. I live in So Cal. In the summer there is not much variance in temperature. Usually between 80 and 100. The rest of the year 60s to 80s. I am just wondering if there is some favorite brand of plug and fuel I should use. I have had 4 Traxxas engines since 2003. I still love them but it is still a process of tuning em. Thanks

Default Re: what glow plug and nitro you recommend for trx 3.3 in summer time

I wonder if is more of a fuel problem than a plug problem. I had a problem with my fuel 'geling' up when I let it sit. I would go out every weekend but I would have to disconnent my fuel line at the carb and there was about 5mm of gel in the line. Once I blew the gel out and reconnected the line it was fine and ran all day long.

I used good fuel and it was new and stored in a cool place. Maybe I just had a bad jug(?)

Seeing how you do not use them much I would replace the lines/freash fuel and go from there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chicks dig guy's that run nitro.........

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

+1....Robo hit it on the head,that was my first thoughts.
    I use gen 2 an keep it in a cool dark place in my house,in the summer,an winter I move it out to the shed.
    An like said,always keep your fuelines an tank in check.
    A dirty fuel tank caused me to ruin a brand new 8.0 engine one time.....
    Just bash it!..

Thanks. I guess I will try storing in dark place and replace fuel lines and tanks. I dont have any gel anywhere though. I do run the nitros weekly in the summer months. If you guys recommend a glow plug and fuel for bashing I would really appreciate same.

Silver Level BYT Member DragsterDragons's Avatar

If your still looking for plugs /fuel .
    I used to run O'Donnell plugs with losi nitrotane 20% .
    I've had good experience with some of the traxxas plugs also .
    Show BYT where you are from by plotting a point on the BYT worldwide map !
    Click ME !

E-XXL 8T 2.0 LST Fanatic

McCoy8 and odonnel fuel. Ran it for years in my Losi trucks.
    Going to need to shoo goo that.