hey guys.. i picked up a 3.3 tmaxx off ebay last year... thought i got myself a sweet deal,(which is the only reason the wife let me drop the cash on it lol).
ive had shock trouble, spur gear/ tranny problems, tuning problems out the wazoo.
i systematically replaced most everything thats broken so far, with the exception of the newest break, a cracked exhaust manifold. let me bring you up to speed on what ive done since it last ran decent.
bought new shocks, due a front end hit that snapped an old one, one of the very few wrecks ive done with it, just fyi.
had a dodgy ez start motor, or battery, or wand.. replaced all 3, just to be safe.
had it running, and it was the absolute best ive ever seen, wheelies almost on demand, great pickup and hitting 2nd like a champ(usually takes a while).
mid run, it stalled and i could not get it going unless i had the separate glow plug ignitor in, or i kept the ez wand going. that sounded like a fouled plug to me, so i got replacements.
tossed one in, and the same thing happened, only now it was behaving like it was far too rich, despite leaning it out ridiculously.
checked for air leaks, and found a cracked exhaust manifold. tossed on some jb stik weld from a previous project, and coated it with sealent for extra protection.
got it started easy, soon as wheels touched dirt(had on a stand), it stalled. did it twice more before i propped front end on my boot, and rear on my knee, wheels off ground. revved it high and dropped my foot, ran like crap, but did run, til it slowed enough and stalled, did it again to be sure and figured it was my clutch. replaced shoes and spring.
got it running, wheels down, but again only while holding the ez wand button, or keeping the ignitor in, it would run a lil longer each time, til it would idle mostly ok.
give it gas, and insta-stall.
leaned out lsn and eventually got to where i had a lil wiggle room with the throttle, but i couldnt do much more than coast, before it stalled again.
all this time, lsn was lean, way to lean for my taste.
then, like magic, it starts running beautifully. it revved without stalling, good smoke.... and then my spur strips, less than a minute later

ive put enough $ into this, i couldve bought a new in box truck, with plenty to spare.
my question, is should i even bother anymore with this thing, and keep tossing $ at it, or just craigslist it?