Thread: rc8t aluminum hubs

Default rc8t aluminum hubs

I have broken two plastic hubs used on the rc8t championship edition and am looking at putting aluminum ones on it.

is this a common peice to break on 8th scale truggys and buggys. walking around the pits i notice a lot of racers use aluminum hubs over the plastic ones.

secondly i notice the associated ft ones are 70$ and are 7075 aluminum then i can get hot racing ones which are also 7075 aluminum for 40$. what makes the associated ones so great they get 30$ more for them.

other than this one peice i really like the truck and am just looking to make it a litttle stronger.

thanks, chris
    <<<Monster Truck Racing Is Still Alive>>>

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

Default Re: rc8t aluminum hubs

Alloy rear hubs are a great upgrade for 1/8 scale vehicles. Front C hubs and spindles are a good idea too. You are paying for brand recognition with Associated whereas the aftermarket Hot Racing parts I have used in past experience have been every bit as good. I only had 1 clutch from them that was garbage. They shipped me out a newer design that was fantastic for just the cost of shipping! I would pop for the Hot racing hubs. Other good brands include King Headz and M2C, but stay away from GPM and Integy, yuck, they suck......You get what you pay for most of the time.
    -some say I am the Stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.