Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest acquisition

Default Re: Latest acquisition

I am falling in love with the RC10 all over again, not necessarily this particular one. My brother has a gold pan kicking around that I think I'll pick up and set up as a driver after the worlds car sells

its ok we dont judge (much) you can love whoever you want.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

To each their own right?? Well I picked up the gold pan from my brother yesterday:

It's going to be some work but it's the same part # as my first RC10. I may make a partial tribute to that car. The tough part is that this is a an A stamped 6 gear car, a little rough around the edges so it may or may not be the right car to modify. I'm debating it. I'll see how the Worlds car does on Ebay before I go on with this.

Speaking of the worlds car, the tires arrived, just waiting on the wheels.

just do it and let the collectors scream bloody murder all they want.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Well, the first RC10 is finished and on Ebay, wish me luck! Here are some pics:

Well... I got hosed big time on the worlds car and dug my own hole in the process.....
    During the Worlds car auction I had placed a "fun" bid on another RC10 that I liked but didn't think I bid high enough to win. Just before the auction ended for my Worlds car, I won the other RC-10 to my surprise. I really didn't expect to win it and I didn't have the funds readily available so hence it earned the nickname "the Mistake" Since I won that car, I needed to move the Worlds car ASAP. The Worlds car didn't reach the reserve of $300 and didn't sell. So out of pure desperation or maybe stupidity I made a second chance offer to the highest bidder which was for $202. What a shame, the buyer ended up parting the car out on Ebay!! I was sooo PO'd but what can I do. I took delivery of the Mistake and quickly assessed the car. It was actually very nice. I kept a few parts, cleaned it up, corrected some parts with stock parts and put it back on Ebay. I actually made money on the Mistake!! Not much but some. In the meanwhile I started on yet another vintage 6 gear A stamp RC-10. I picked this one up quite some time back from my brother as noted earlier in this thread. I was able to use some of the left over parts from the Worlds car and the Mistake to beef up this car aka the Runner. Not sure if this one is going to be kept and run or sold off as a runner but I will get a bit of time behind the wheel of this car before deciding.

Here are some pics of the progress on the runner:

I hope to have a little fun with this car. It will have the same radio, motor and electronics package as the Worlds car had. I have upgraded to RC10GT steering and HD steering turnbuckles. I picked up a nice solid trans, a Pro-line front bumper, dyed all the parts black, and swapped to 48 pitch gears outside the trans. I have a set of yellow JC Racing 2.2 rims on order along with Losi 2 rib fronts and Pro-line 2.2 Hole shot rears. I also have a set of 2.2 front and rear street tires for bombing around outside. I just ordered a AE Viper body and I think I will paint it a yellow/black combo color to tie the wheels and chassis together.
    Last edited by vsefiream; 07-09-2012 at 03:05 PM.

looks like a solid play car. youll have fun as long as you enjoy it for what it is.

i always have funny feelings about ebay vintage chop shops and you gave the very reason. work so hard to flip a car and they lowball you and part it out like its nothing but another car. on the other hand ive benefited very much from a few so i guess its a necessary evil.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Yea, the chop shops are a dbl edged sword. I'm still feeling the pain but what can I do? Moving on. I think my goal with this RC-10 is to finish it whenever the wheels arrive and bomb around with it a bit before selling it off to somebody else. I feel the need to get a brushless 1/8 scale 4wd buggy like an Ofna Ultra or Hyper. Just doing some research now.

Well it's been a little while since I updated this thread. While I was waiting for the wheels, I upgraded to a full steel diff setup for the long term possiblity of running a 6 gear and brushless motor together

I painted the body, it really didn't do much for me after I was done with it but once I threw some decals on it, it came to life!

So.. I think I can say this one is done. It's off to Ebay with this RC-10 so I can change direction and concentrate on my 1/8 scal buggy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12