Thread: I think I may just keep my MERV bone Stock.

Default I think I may just keep my MERV bone Stock.

With the cost of upgrades for my 1/8th. And now looking at a new E-Revo or Summit, And being Peer Pressured into 1/5th I feel my MERV is going to fall to the wayside. I can't seem to wrap my head around the $200.00 I was going to dump in to it last month.

Mike
    Mugen MBX5r
    1/16 Merv
    Trinity Now

Default Re: I think I may just keep my MERV bone Stock.

i said i was going to stay stock.... until i broke stuff..... the nsaid, well.... i should upgrade it, so i wont break it.......

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    i said i was going to stay stock.... until i broke stuff..... the nsaid, well.... i should upgrade it, so i wont break it.......
    What's sad is I've read every post of your build both here and on Traxxas and I'd definitely follow right into your footsteps with the MERV if I ever decide to wrench it out like I have done previous vehicles. But for something that is destined to be a skate park basher for my kids... Ehhhh. Who knows.

Mike
    Mugen MBX5r
    1/16 Merv
    Trinity Now

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

Sell the MERV save for a 5th scale. Do you have the place to run one? That is the biggest concern with 5th scale RC is the room to run one. Or keep the MERV for its size and get rid of something else. The Traxxas minis are pretty tough overall.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

We have lots of places in NJ to run 1/5 just no designated tracks that I know of. Yet... Lol I doubt I'll sell off the MERV because of the smile it puts on the youngins faces when it does standing back flips at the skate park. And if I sold the Mugen I'd be buying another Mugen lol. Looks like I'm gonna be ponying up for the whole she ant when I jump off this 1/5 ledge.

Just my 2c.

Mike
    Mugen MBX5r
    1/16 Merv
    Trinity Now

yeah, i was going to keep mine stock too..... went to the skatepark after 6 days of ownership

left the skatepark with a broken chassis, broken front and rear bulkheads, and said, well looks like it is time to upgrade so this wont happen again.......