Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rally'n Exo Terra

Default Rally'n Exo Terra

I was fortunate to trade with someone and get their Exo and after a few changes I think it suits me.

Electronics:
    JR servo
    Turnigy 5000mah 3 cell lipo
    Castle Creations SCT pro system (2800kv)
    Futaba 4PL receiver

I went ahead and cut the rear seats out of the interior, I don't need any back seat drivers, plus it allows the electronics to breath a little.

For the driver side floor I cut in a castle creations fan to push some air under the body a little.

For wheels I modified some some Jconcepts Rulux wheels for a the rear of a SC10, they are a pin slot, but so far are holding up well. Tires are just M2 Proline Badlands.

More updates soon!

-Ty

Default Re: Rally'n Exo Terra

looks sick, I like it way better than the stock paint! How do you get such fine splatter-paint effects on all your rigs?
    How about that HPI gas Savage!!! Woo!!!!

Throttle, Brake, Dammit!!!! Revolauncher's Avatar

I love the tires, but the rims would look better black, I think. Sick looking buggy you have there.
    -some say I am the stig, but I'm just a New York cousin.

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

Looks great! It has a fast and aggressive stance. I think the wheels contrast with the body well, considering out much black is on the body.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Veteran BYT Member TRXrevodude07's Avatar

looks sweet man, do I spay traxxas big bores? I run blitz ese shocks on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselMunkey View Post
    looks sick, I like it way better than the stock paint! How do you get such fine splatter-paint effects on all your rigs?
    I have a few techniques for different types of splatter. part of it is paint temperature. Paint was around 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Then I dip my finger into a bottle of paint wipe the access paint off and flick it in the direction I want. Its pretty simple, takes a little practice, but not much. Most of the time its just experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolauncher View Post
    I love the tires, but the rims would look better black, I think. Sick looking buggy you have there.
    Thanks, but not a black rim fan, white sets if off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmasterbeast View Post
    Looks great! It has a fast and aggressive stance. I think the wheels contrast with the body well, considering out much black is on the body.
    Thanks man. Its basically the same paint scheme as my DF03ra, TB01, DF01, and my HPI mini trophy truck.

Quote Originally Posted by TRXrevodude07 View Post
    looks sweet man, do I spy traxxas big bores? I run blitz ese shocks on mine.
    Yes sir you do. They came on the truck in the trade. Im pretty happy about it, big bores are the only shocks I have ever had that don't leak ten minutes after using them. My buddy has the blitz ese shocks on his, they look really good and he is happy with them so far.

I really dig the paints on your vehicles. I do have a question though where do you get those Hoonigan decals?

I dig it! I used to do that with my finger as well but have since moved on to Bamboo Skewers. I get the 12" ones and put a little paint on a paper plate then roll the skewer in it. then I just whack the skewer against a screw driver to get the paint to splat off of it. I found this method gave me more control of where the paint would land.

Just my 2c

Mike
    Mugen MBX5r
    1/16 Merv
    Trinity Now

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine . . .

Looks good, Ty So, is this a party waiting to happen? Wondering if everyone else is destined to get into these now

beat it 'til all options are extinguished

Awesomw looking Exo

I saw your build on one of my Facebook subscriptions. Rc car action or something. Good job.
    You think you know, but you have no idea.

Silver Level BYT Member beatnrcs's Avatar

Looks great,time to get it dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by xCarbonx View Post
    I really dig the paints on your vehicles. I do have a question though where do you get those Hoonigan decals?
    A friend of mine makes them. Anyone that has a vynal cutter can do it. The font is on dafont.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick813 View Post
    I dig it! I used to do that with my finger as well but have since moved on to Bamboo Skewers. I get the 12" ones and put a little paint on a paper plate then roll the skewer in it. then I just whack the skewer against a screw driver to get the paint to splat off of it. I found this method gave me more control of where the paint would land.

Just my 2c

Mike
    Thanks for the heads up. I have used a similar method before. As well as using small paint brushes, tooth brushes and of course the finger, for me the finger methods gives me the desired look I am after. I don't want too much control in the process otherwise I miss out on the fun random patterns I get. Even so I have done it enough times to have a rough idea of what the paint does.

Quote Originally Posted by jakel View Post
    Looks good, Ty So, is this a party waiting to happen? Wondering if everyone else is destined to get into these now
    Maybe... I am afraid to push these rigs on others. There have been a lot of issues with other people and when I get my friends hooked on new rigs I try to make sure they are super reliable. I have not had any issues, but I think it is still to early to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowZ24 View Post
    Awesomw looking Exo
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Will10431 View Post
    I saw your build on one of my Facebook subscriptions. Rc car action or something. Good job.
    Thanks! RCDriver.com. I left all the details on there, but I was too excited about this one to not spread the photos around.

Quote Originally Posted by beatnrcs View Post
    Looks great,time to get it dirty.
    Done and done. The thing about me is I am slow to edit photos, I ran it saturday for a few hours, hit some big jumps and spit rocks everywhere. I just need to edit some photos.

A little preview of the dirt-ness

Great shots! Oh.. And buggy too :-)

What are you using for a camera / lens?

Thanks!

Canon 7D shooting raw, with High speed, single focus, 5500K and shutter priority mode. Using a 24-105mm Canon L series lens on the front.

real nice paint just needs some mud on it now.

Yeah we need some vids man lol.Hopefully the motor mount piece will be released soon so i can get back to running my exo.

Thanks guys. I will try to get some video next time I am out and about. The motor mount thing is a pain, mine is pretty stressed and Im surprised it is still in place. There is a company called Generis that makes a aftermarket motor mount. I think they are based out of Canada, but the product looks great and should relieve any worries you have about it.

You got a link to them?Mine is the piece that mounts to the chassis,I wanna find that in alum.

www.gcmachine.ca used them when i had my old e savage, great guys to deal with.

http://gcmracing.ca/viewcategory.php?groupid=32
    Last edited by E-savage; 04-21-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast