Thread: Could someone learn me up on SC classes

Default Could someone learn me up on SC classes

I did a search and didn't find anything. Could anyone elaborate on the different short course classes. My local track does "sportsman" 4x4 and regular 4x4 as well as stock 2wd. Wondering what the different between the two 4x4 classes are. My vehicle of choice would be an E-slayer pro (CMB's prior rig) with a MMM 2200 on 4s.
    You think you know, but you have no idea.

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

Default Re: Could someone learn me up on SC classes

Well, the biggest issue with that truck is it's an 1/8th scale truck, and most local classes are 10th scale. It would also have be run in a modified class.

But answer your questions about classes:
    Stock is pretty self explanatory. Most local classes will let you run a differen't radio, and that's about it. Some will let your run different tires, but it really comes down the track rules.
    Sportsman classes are basically a modified class. Again, it comes down to the rules of the track. It's hard to define classes sometimes.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Thank you. I was wondering what sportsman class was. A couple of guys from my shop run there but I don't have a way to ask them at the moment.
    You think you know, but you have no idea.

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

I think most sportsman classes are like this: You have to at least run the stock motor, and everyone needs to have the same power battery, volts wise. Also, there needs to be a majority of stock parts remaining on the truck, but certain setting, like springs wheels and tires can be changed. From there it comes down to how well you can tune. In a stock class, tuning is really all you have because you are limited to just the stock OEM tires and rims. Bodies can be changed, I'm fairly certain of that. But really, how well you can tune your suspension is what is going to help you win in a stock division.

Again, however, that Slayer is a big large for standard 10th scale races. If they are running 8th scale Short course, then it would be allowed, but would have to be in a modified division because the truck wasn't factory produced to begin with. Though, a majority of parts, could be considered stock from Traxxas. As far as I can recall, the only aftermarket parts on that truck when I let it go were the AKA rims and Tires. The 17mm adapters were added on, but they are Traxxas. The MMM is used in Traxxas vehicles. You really would just need to check with the track and see if they'd let you race it.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)