I figured I'd put my build thread here being as it's for the April build off, after this it will be getting a real build.
I first started with a Jato 3.3 roller that I got for $40 from Craigslist. I then added the 3.3 that was on a T-Maxx that was given to me. I was having a problem with the exhaust staying on because I only had a spare one from my Rustler and the Jato has a different header, I was just going to get the correct one from E-Bay but I fixed it with plastic zipties (hopefully bonus points for a ler total cost). I think I'm going with a sandrail/side-by-side theme, a buddy of mine is a mini trucker so he has a good bit of scrap metal for a cage and body panels. Right now I have a running Jato 3.3 with some 1/8" metal rod and 22g metal sheets, I plan on heading over to my buddy's house to see if we can find some aluminum to save on the weight.

Cost:

Jato Roller - $40
3.3 Engine - $0
Sheet Metal/ Rods - $8 (I may be able to return this after I check my buddy's house)

Total - $48

$58 left to spend, I plan on returning the metal I purchased and keeping it at $40.

Here are some pics, I will grab some with the 3.3 installed.

How I got it

After a teardown and bath: