Thread: lilbrett's $100 or less Jato 3.3

Default lilbrett's $100 or less Jato 3.3

I figured I'd put my build thread here being as it's for the April build off, after this it will be getting a real build.
    I first started with a Jato 3.3 roller that I got for $40 from Craigslist. I then added the 3.3 that was on a T-Maxx that was given to me. I was having a problem with the exhaust staying on because I only had a spare one from my Rustler and the Jato has a different header, I was just going to get the correct one from E-Bay but I fixed it with plastic zipties (hopefully bonus points for a ler total cost). I think I'm going with a sandrail/side-by-side theme, a buddy of mine is a mini trucker so he has a good bit of scrap metal for a cage and body panels. Right now I have a running Jato 3.3 with some 1/8" metal rod and 22g metal sheets, I plan on heading over to my buddy's house to see if we can find some aluminum to save on the weight.

Cost:

Jato Roller - $40
    3.3 Engine - $0
    Sheet Metal/ Rods - $8 (I may be able to return this after I check my buddy's house)

Total - $48

$58 left to spend, I plan on returning the metal I purchased and keeping it at $40.

Here are some pics, I will grab some with the 3.3 installed.

How I got it

After a teardown and bath:

Brett

Default Re: lilbrett's $100 or less Jato 3.3

Here's a couple with the engine mounted and my first mock up for the cage/body. To mount it in the rear I just pulled the hinge pin and slid the rod in, perfect fit, I'm still not sure if I will mount it like that or not and I'm still working the front.

Brett

Bronze Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

Nice Jato for that price...

Mine is at the limit....
    Just shelf it... GET THE OTHER TRUCK DUMMY...

Thanks man. Yea, I couldn't pass it up when I saw it and then this little build off started so it was pretty good timing. I need to look through my spare tires because I don't think the Anacondas will really go with the look.
    Brett

Bronze Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

Yea,the tires on mine dont either,I was wanting roadrage,but it is not in this builds budget...
    Just shelf it... GET THE OTHER TRUCK DUMMY...