Thread: T-Maxx Help

Default T-Maxx Help

Hey guys I'm in need of some more help with my Maxx. Recently I upgraded a lot of things on my 2.5 Maxx to 3.3. From transmission,diffs, driveshafts, to axle carriers. Everything fits just right but one thing. I can't get the center driveshaft that connects the transmission to the other shaft that connects to the differential. I think my chassis is too "thin". If that's the right words. Maybe if I shave my chassis alittle with a dremel it would work but I don't want to screw anything up. I'm really close to finishing this project and I really want to bash but I would like for truck to be 4wd. Please will you guys post you input on what I need to do. I'm desperate. Faster I get this finished faster I could possibly get a bash vid. =] Thanks in advance!! - Loon.

P.S Here are some pics of my problem

Traxxas T-maxx
    Tamiya Monster Beetle
    Losi 8ight 2.0

Bronze Level BYT Member savage71's Avatar

Default Re: T-Maxx Help

The only problem i see with dremeling the chassis is those 2 little where you would have to remove material.
    If you could find a way to spread them out by maybe drilling new holes for them I think it would be fine.

3:51 PM [fishyblob] there is no polite in byt chat. only debauchery, violence, and sin

See that's what I was thinking. It doesn't need much dremeling maybe a millimeter or 2.
    Traxxas T-maxx
    Tamiya Monster Beetle
    Losi 8ight 2.0

your better off buying the extended chassis, just my suggestion.

| RALLY GT8 Powered by CC |

If you are going to stick with the short chassis you will need to dremel/grind it to have the clearance needed for that shaft. You will loose the two rear holes for the throttle servo mount. Most that use that setup will then move the throttle servo to a direct pull setup.

Just an idea, but maybe put a couple spacers/washers on the screws that hold the tranny to the chassis. That way, the tranny would be a hare lower and the driveshaft might clear the screws?

And humayray, are those rc raven springs on your maxx?
    Last edited by Jgaff2; 04-10-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Head over to UnReel Rc's youtube page for some quality RC edits:http://www.youtube.com/jgaffmx
    BL Emaxx always in progress...

" **Here he comes to save the day....**
    **SuicideNeil, away....** "

Quote Originally Posted by Jgaff2 View Post
    And humayray, are those rc raven springs on your maxx?
    no, its one of those knock off brand that i found on ebay. they're very stiff thats why i use only 4. its working very well for me though.
    | RALLY GT8 Powered by CC |

Ok, was curious as the raven blue springs on my maxx are extremely stiff and I'm thinking about switching to four and seeing how it handles because as of now it handles well for jumps but as soon as I run over small bumps, gumballs in the yard, etc. the whole truck gets off balance and the shocks don't absorb any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    no, its one of those knock off brand that i found on ebay. they're very stiff thats why i use only 4. its working very well for me though.
    Head over to UnReel Rc's youtube page for some quality RC edits:http://www.youtube.com/jgaffmx

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Master View Post
    If you are going to stick with the short chassis you will need to dremel/grind it to have the clearance needed for that shaft. You will loose the two rear holes for the throttle servo mount. Most that use that setup will then move the throttle servo to a direct pull setup.
    How should I partake in this "Direct Pull" setup? I'm fine with dremeling. I did some the other night and it now fits. except those darn screws and I don't want to screw over my throttle servo. Thanks. Loon
    Traxxas T-maxx
    Tamiya Monster Beetle
    Losi 8ight 2.0

Well I decided that I'm just going to work with what I got. I dremeled out what I needed for clearance and it works. But as for the throttle servo my dad and I made a stainless steel servo mount that should work just fine. =] not the prettiest but it it'll function. Will get pictures up later
    Traxxas T-maxx
    Tamiya Monster Beetle
    Losi 8ight 2.0

This is what I did. I dremeled the chassis alittle. The old throttle servo mount screws got in the way so I had to remove those and make my own mount. I did this with my dad by bending stainless steel. I then drilled some holes in the chassis and the new mount I made. I also had the shorten up the center driveshaft alittle. No problem. On with some pictures. Please tell me what you guys think.

And finally it's almost all together just a few more bits a pieces to go =]
    Traxxas T-maxx
    Tamiya Monster Beetle
    Losi 8ight 2.0

what fuel tank is that why did you move it up?
    ALL I NEED IS NITRO BABY!!!!

How are those rpm arms doing for ya? Do you think they add more stress to the bulkheads by not breaking or less, I've been wanting to get some for my truck.

I have the rpm arms on my tmaxx and recently clipped a railroad tie close to wide open. Ripped the a am off and bent the lundsford titanium hinge pin and bent 2 shockshafts but the bulkhead was fine. I was pretty shocked.
    WIDE OPEN OR FULL BRAKE!!