Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Truck build: Urban Achiever

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine . . .

Default Re: Top Truck build: Urban Achiever

Thanks, guys. Big thanks to Ty for helping this build get started

Well, after setting the ride height to 3 1/2" at the bottom of the skid, I noticed that the shock hoops in the front weren't going to work, we set them so the shocks would be about 1/4" from being fully compressed with a 3 1/2" skid ride height! So, bent up a longer pair, brazed them on, then cut out the old stuff. It looks pretty flimsy but I'll get it reinforced once I figure the front end out. Hard to say what needs to happen until the steering servo gets mounted, the winch servo arrives and what the battery configuration will look like. I'm also messing around with the shocks because for some reason I can never leave those alone on pretty much any rig that finds itself on my bench Pulled the rear shocks off of both 8ight-Ts and compared them to the Wraith stockers, they're more like Wraith big-bores with another 5mm eye-to-eye. Not very scale but they for sure will hold up to some abuse

beat it 'til all options are extinguished

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine . . .

Progress has been slow, only have a couple hours a week to work on this. Brazing is trial and error in the beginning, but as it goes on it becomes a lot more familiar and results become easier to anticipate.

Next up is fitting crossmembers, sliders and rear with tire mount need to be fabbed up.

beat it 'til all options are extinguished

Looks good, must have hurt to hack up that beautiful top kick body. Brazing looks good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123