Thread: Element by Castle (3900kv)

Exclamation Element by Castle (3900kv)

so i Just got this brushless combo .. hoping it is well worth it ? going to run it with a 2s lipo 5000mah.. anyone running this combo>?
    replacing the old stock motor and esc...

BYT official flamer of noobs suicideneil's Avatar

Default Re: Element by Castle (3900kv)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowreborn View Post
    so i Just got this brushless combo .. hoping it is well worth it ? going to run it with a 2s lipo 5000mah.. anyone running this combo>?
    replacing the old stock motor and esc...
    What model are you putting it in?

In the event this site is down, go here instead: http://suicideneil.00server.com
    Flaming noobs since June '06

Question Re: Element by Castle (3900kv)

Quote Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
    What model are you putting it in?
    Putting it in my ruckus..

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

Well, make sure you upgrade the Ruckus transmission gears to metal ones. The stock plastic ones won't handle the Brushless power. That Element system is pretty good. Nice torque, decent top end. A nice budget brushless system.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmasterbeast View Post
    Well, make sure you upgrade the Ruckus transmission gears to metal ones. The stock plastic ones won't handle the Brushless power. That Element system is pretty good. Nice torque, decent top end. A nice budget brushless system.
    yeah heard it should be able to wheelie pretty easy running 2s lipo.. pretty good torque.. puts tacon to shame lol

also got a metal gear set on order so yeah. and some vxl shafts im bout to order

Bronze Level BYT Member RCaddict0's Avatar

Well this setup is basicly a Sv2 ESC and castle 4 pole 540 correct. Should be perfectly at home in a 2wd 1/10 on 2s.
    Caster Racing Fusion 8t, Traxxas Rustler VXL, Rally VXL 1/16, Stampede VXL, E Maxx BL
    HPI Firestorm Flux, Electrix Ruckus
    Hobbywing Powered!

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

Yeah, it's reallly only going to be the best in a 2wd vehicle. The can is a bit too small to produce the torque for larger 4wd vehicles.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmasterbeast View Post
    Yeah, it's reallly only going to be the best in a 2wd vehicle. The can is a bit too small to produce the torque for larger 4wd vehicles.
    Yup i believe soo.. heard its a good system to run also btw..

i have one in my original brushed rustler and its a great system just have to make sure the esc can get plenty of cool air or it will get too hot and enter thermal shutdown as a result i notched out my body for high air flow and she freaking screams with it, more power than i think the 2s traxxas vxl system had, i highly recommend this system now if only i can get the esc waterproofed
    Never Fear, Never Quit, Never Give Up, Never Back Down

Quote Originally Posted by rustlereradmaxx3 View Post
    i have one in my original brushed rustler and its a great system just have to make sure the esc can get plenty of cool air or it will get too hot and enter thermal shutdown as a result i notched out my body for high air flow and she freaking screams with it, more power than i think the 2s traxxas vxl system had, i highly recommend this system now if only i can get the esc waterproofed
    Hmm i see. wwell what kinda driving did you do with it anyways?? just mostly be doing yard running hear a few laps up teh road maybe bust mostly teh lil hillclimb i have and in teh yard

thing runs hard and fast..guess thats what she said. but anyways i managed to tear out my stock driveshafts completly apart