Thread: beginner

Default beginner

Hey everyone, I'm going to try to learn how to paint and looking for different ideas. Lots of good paint jobs here. If you have any suggestions on where to start, please let me know! For sure spray cans at first because I don't have an airbrush.

Default Re: beginner

Spray cans: Keep it simple. Two, maybe three colors tops. Mask easy designs, and make sure the edges are down firmly so no bleeding under. Light mist coats to begin, build it slowly. Avoid the temptation to blast it on. Of course, dark colors first, then lighter colors. Dry completely between coats to avoid messing up while peeling masks.

Then get an airbrush and start working on the advanced stuff that more flow control allows you to do.

Above all, have fun doing it!
    got paint?

remember trake your time dont rush it. clean and prep the body before u paint.

Using a marker, draw your design on the outside of the body before you start masking. Use these lines to follow when your cutting out the mask. Use good quality tape and a sharp hobby knife for your masking; this will ensure you get the cleanest lines. Using a hairdryer in between coats will really help shorten drying time. Back all light/bright colors with white or silver to make them standout. Also, just a general tip when working with bodies, do your trimming first so you don't risk chipping the paint. I find the easiest way to trim the body is to use a hobby knife and score the body along the indented lines. Then you can just tear away the excess lexan with your hands.
    Losi Ten SCTE (tenshock sc401, hobbywing sct pro)
    Losi 8ight T e 2.0 (losi xcelorin 2100, xcelorin esc)
    Traxxas Stampede 4x4

if you plan on using spray cans take the cans and place them in a bowl of warm water for about 15 mins it will make them spray alot better.

Hey I'm new to all this too. Thanks for the tips guys.
    E-Revo Brushless
    TC5