Thread: Cobbled RC10gt

Default Cobbled RC10gt

here is the start of my cobbled together rc10gt. going to put it in the hands of my buddy elvin. god help us all.

so the engine is a O.S. clone i believe. most of the parts seem to match os parts and the crank case is a dead ringer for the cv series case.

check out the HSN! its a thumb screw type. kinda really old skool but i think this might be to elvin's advantage as its very easy to adjust and keep track of your adjustments (it has a clicker built in too)

thought this pipe would be right up his alley. its an old dual chamber pipe, i think its AE but i dont know for sure

the whole car is setup with the idea of being very easy to drive. gonna have a lot of push and hopefully enough rear bite.

so far the only obvious cobbling is the front knuckles. these were the older rc10 knuckles (though i believe the early model gt's used them too).

i still need gears/bearings for the tranny, one of the engine mount bits and a body of course.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

Default Re: Cobbled RC10gt

WOW,Thats a clean ride....
    Just bash it!..

your of course kidding right? i mean there is a crap ton of rust and the tank is yellowed from castor oil (gotta love O'Donnell 20%)
    Last edited by FieroMan121; 04-04-2012 at 01:32 PM.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Silver Level BYT Member cbaker65's Avatar

Ah,pics are deceiving,I see it now,Still looks good for its age...
    Just bash it!..

yeah no doubt for a slapped together car made from bits made 15+ years ago it aint bad looking at all. im a sucker for the rc10gt too.

actually i was just looking it over. despite some of the surface flaws here and there this car is not bad at all. its got a new f/r bulkhead. new rear hubs. new body post cross member. new built shocks with new seals and caps. new rear a-arms and mounting blocks.

engine is never used too. i got it from a guy and he had never even run a tank of gas through it.

once its all done this is gonna be a fine running machine.
    Last edited by FieroMan121; 04-04-2012 at 03:08 PM.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Pipe looks clean

here we go! lol

i picked that pipe because its very torqueless. im setting the car up to be very "soft" gearing it taller for less torque and going with a shorter pipe to boost top end. he'll have the legs to catch up on the straits but not enough torque to overwhelm the setup. seems counter intuitive but the low end grunt is what makes these things hard to drive on a hard dusty track.
    Last edited by FieroMan121; 04-04-2012 at 04:35 PM.

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Bronze Level BYT Member electricbasher's Avatar

Looks good Im really liking that adjustment needle. I wish myne had a clicker

Although I wouldnt dial out THAT much tourqe if I were you. But I much prefer to oversteer then understeer. but thats me. I suppose that its the right thing to do for a newbie. (I prefer tourqe over speed anyway haha. I run on SHORT tracks)
    Drive rc, do good

contrary to popular belief, nitro is just as fun as electric

that 15 will have more than enough thump im sure. its not like its offroading, just a little harmless roundy round oval.

sent him an email today a mile long with stuff he needs to read and things he ought to get. he just sent me a text that said simply " w.t.f. skyler" lmao

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!

Bronze Level BYT Member savage71's Avatar

Looks nice haha if reads the email at least he'll have a better iddea at what he's doing

3:51 PM [fishyblob] there is no polite in byt chat. only debauchery, violence, and sin

yeah i dont want to have to hold his hand every time he drives the thing (since he does not have a bump box that means i got to to some extent)

VINTAGE
    TRX FTW!