Thread: just upgraded my esc..on MLST

New BYT Member

Default just upgraded my esc..on MLST

I decided to get rid of my old esc.....and install the tazer 12 T. I'm still running the original frenzy motors..lol I really tried to keep this thing stock for awhile now but going to have to upgrade. I've always put my other rc first ...now I'm going to have to start on this lil guy.

I dont have to worry about cutoff/shutdown

Default Re: just upgraded my esc..on MLST

The motors are over geared on the stock mlst. I'm looking at different options right now for a single brushless install. The castle 20 mm is a bit too small for this rig. Yes castle has the 26 mm motor, but only in the 9200kv right now, and the $80 dollar price tag on the motor just doesn't make it reasonable for me to buy. I'm waiting on some 24 mm 6500kv brushless motors I just ordered. Bought one for the mlst and one for my niece's rc18t2. They are 200 watts which seems to be the standard for most motors in this size. Will most likely keep them in the S2 lipos. Price per motor $30.

I ran a single 5000kv from Losi on mine.

"... Regardless of collateral damage."

I retract my statement about 200 watts being the common, as it seems to be the max watts for 20 mm cans. Neu 28-30.4 are maxed continuous at 200 watts and 400 watt surge. This seems to be the max watts for innrunners of this size. It is most likely that the Castle 26 mm motors are maxed at 200 watts continous. Lower kv motors will typically run cooler due to lower amp consumption on the same number of cells.
    Last edited by Optimus1t; 03-30-2012 at 11:05 AM.