Thread: budget basher

Default budget basher

I'm looking for new trucks for me and my 2 boys. I'm looking at the evader brushless, going wheel king, seems granite, and stampede xl-5. I'm wanting .an all around basher. I am not overly concerned about speed just dependability and fun.

BYT Life Member chiefmasterbeast's Avatar

Default Re: budget basher

Well, if you're looking for a dependable basher, the Stampede is going to be the best.
    Nah, he didn't slam into you; he didn't bump you; he didn't nudge you; he rubbed you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. -Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

Cant see anything wrong with a stampede. Although it seems that the arma series has been making quiet a storm in the budget side of the hobby. Although nothing compares to the parts support of the traxxas xl line.

He's posting in the the stadium truck forum so he probably wants a stadium truck. If you want to bash, the traxxas rustler vxl is the way to go, It's cheap, durable, fast, and fun. It also has a huge aftermarket support. If your looking to race, the Team Associated T4.1 rtr brushless is the way to go. It's definitely a proven racer. If you get the rusty, it's going to have everything you need to get it running though I do recommend getting a fast charger and a new battery. You can go to your local hobby shop and they will take care of that. If you get the T4.1, your going to need to buy 1 or 2 batteries and a fast charger because it does not come with it.
    I GOT THE JUICE!

if you want a stadium truck i say a rustler if you wanna go monster truck the stampede is the way to go i have one i converted to bl and it is a great truck i have rpm arms up front and strc aluminum caster blocks and steer knuckles rpm rear carriers and strc hinge pins and now all i break is the mip shafts
    watch out for that oops too late time to order parts

Bronze Level BYT Member savage71's Avatar

If you want a monster truck I would vote for the stampede too. Mine has been super durable and has taken horrible landings from huge jumps and was completely fine.
    Parts are also pretty cheap and its easy to work on.One upgrade that you would want to make though is get rpm or aluminum caster blocks because they are break easily.

3:51 PM [fishyblob] there is no polite in byt chat. only debauchery, violence, and sin

i went with the strc aluminum c blocks cause i heard that the rpm ones flex too much and bend pins
    watch out for that oops too late time to order parts

I'd say stampede all the way here. You can pick one up pretty cheap if you go used, and the parts support is amazing.

Rusty vxl
    Never Fear, Never Quit, Never Give Up, Never Back Down