Thread: Hey guys need help with my torment ecx

Default Hey guys need help with my torment ecx

I just got a tacon 4420kv motor and xerun 80a esc with a venom 3300mah lipo..ran the truck a lil but due to me rushing I meshed the gears wrong and killed my spur and lost my pinion gear. Anyways I want to know if this is a good setep.. The truck lacked on quick acceleration and died out when floored but would do fine when I rolled onto the throttle ( maybe lack of battery power or to much punch?)...any suggestion for pinion and spur gears and what battery would power good.. I was thinking sky 2s 4000-5000 mah lipo... I'm mostly driving on a sandy track I build in back yard and some onroad... I just got into rc cars but have Ben reading about alot of stufff so I have a general idea. I also want to upgrade shocks servo steering arms stabilizer arms metal tranny gears and driveshalfts. Trucks a horizon hobby torment ecx short course truck 2wd... Any help would be awsome

Default Re: Hey guys need help with my torment ecx

for starters i would go with a lower kv motor also what size is the motor i run a tacon 3650 3930kv in my 2wd pede on 3s with a hw xerun 120a esc geared 17/90 and it hauls butt with wheelies on demand torque
    watch out for that oops too late time to order parts

It is a tacon 3650 4420kv... I was Gunna get the tacon 3200kv but they were out of stock...I figured I could make up torque by changing gears but does that not work with a higher kv motor?

you can to a point but i have heard from several people that it is better to run lower kv and gear to the moon if you want speed higher kv motors will get hot easier and too much heat can ruin your motor best to keep your motor running under 160 degrees if your esc has a motor timing setting set it to it's lowest setting and as far as metal tranny gears that is pretty much a must for brushless power and for driveshafts mip cvds are great you may have to do a bit of research to find some that will fit that truck
    watch out for that oops too late time to order parts

What c rating is your 3300mah battery? Sky lipos 5000mah 40c are good.
    CKHOBBY

Scammers and Thieves beware!!!
    I will pursue this.
    Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home